18: Lukewarm Coffee, Honesty and A Mole Trap

⎔⎔⎔

"Do you want coffee?" Hyungwon stopped going through the pile of papers before him, turning his head toward the other leader. He then glanced at the clock, biting his tongue slightly before nodding. A cup wouldn't hurt, it wasn't that late.

Hoseok stood up without asking anything else, walking toward the coffee machine in the corner of the office. The younger just lowered his gaze to the papers. Hyunwoo had given them to the two leaders, finally revealing the true form of Ilsang's organization. Oblivion, as they had figured out weeks ago, was a cover-up for Vortex. That's where the whole storm symbolism came from as far as Hyungwon could tell.

Though the whole thing had gone to shit ages ago, remaining dormant for years as Ilsang had been in hiding after faking his death. What made it crumble? Multiple agreements were being pulled, including some made between Ilsang and the fathers of the two younger leaders. 

Basically, Hyunwoo had handed him a stack of finance logs and said "Good luck". It wasn't anything they could use to conjure up a plan going ahead. It irritated Hyungwon beyond belief and he wanted to scream at the guy and demand something more useful. Like floor plans or information on Ilsang's up-and-coming jailbreak mission. However, before he could get too heated, Hoseok had stepped in and shut him up.

Hoseok snapped him out of it by placing a mug on his desk. "Are you okay?" the older asked, once again sitting down on the edge. Chairs, apparently, still didn't exist. Hyungwon sighed, grabbing the mug with both hands. "I'm okay," he replied shortly, rubbing his face into his hands.

"You're about to rip your hair out. What's up?" He held the urge to roll his eyes, leaning back in the chair and finally looking up at the other. "There's nothing useful there." he signaled at the papers he'd been going through for the past few days. "And I just have to sit here in suspense whenever your phone rings, expecting it to be that shithead. It's been too long for them not to have made a move yet..."

As if on cue, the elder's phone rang and the man dug it out. Hyungwon observed the man for a moment, a tense feeling in his chest that eased only when the device was set down. "I will tell you when it's time, I swear," he said, grabbing the younger's hand gently though Hyungwon sighed again, shaking his head slightly before pulling his hand away.

"Whatever," he muttered, taking a sip of his coffee. He hadn't been able to relax, and while that was in general nothing new, it had reflected on the atmosphere in the room. Both of them, no, all of them had been on edge since the court hearing.

When the phone rang again, Hoseok sighed heavily, grabbing it only he tensed up instead of picking the call up. "What?" Hyungwon huffed at the man, eyebrows furrowing when the other turned it around and showed Shownu calling him. Swallowing slowly, Hyungwon looked away fighting the urge to grab that darned phone and toss it through the window.

He wanted to just say: "Fuck the plan; we can kill that fucker when he gets out." but the rational part of him knew that it would just be a bigger mess to clean up at the end of it all. And he had to listen to that rational part of himself otherwise the whole business would be a shit show.

He had no idea what Son Ilsang could be stirring up but if that shit stain was to succeed with his plans, one thing was for sure and it was that Hyungwon would be in the ground by the end of the month. Which, truthfully, wasn't in his personal plans, not at least in the next twenty years or so.

Hoseok pulled the phone back when the call ended but it didn't take long for the ringing to start again, signaling that it was important. "I'll go answer and I probably should also check up on my men.  And hey, if it's that bad, take a break from the paperwork. It won't disappear." Now Hyungwon actually rolled his eyes, scowling a little bit. "That's the problem. It won't disappear, just seems to poof into existence every other second."