16: That woman.

⎔⎔⎔

Hyungwon's head was hurting. He was exhausted and just wanted to crash but something within him knew he wouldn't be able to. Jooheon's distraught face confirmed it first thing.

But the moment the word "Her" fell out of the other's mouth, the pieces started fitting together and it made sense why Jooheon was so startled and trying to explain himself, trying to prevent him from just rushing in his head as a third leg. At first, Hyungwon thought that there was no fucking way it was who he assumed his guest was.

Please, don't be her.

So he was quick to enter the office, lucky he didn't pry off the handle while at it. His eyes scanned the office, hoping to see some unfortunate stranger waiting for him, wanting a deal but no. Of course, today had to be just complete havoc.

She hadn't changed a bit in over a decade. Well, maybe her hair was a different length and she had some wrinkles around her eyes. The hatred in her eyes for him had surprisingly vanished too, but it was likely all an act. Did she need money? It was the only reason he personally could think of.

It's not like she'd want to see him.

"Hyungwon." She still had the fucking audacity to call him by his first name after all this time. As if it was nothing to her. Even though in a way it was a bit endearing, he wasn't going to fall for that. No way in hell. She'd been gone for way too long to just pitifully crawl back into a life he'd built.

Honestly? Hyungwon would rather kiss Wonho right now than confront this situation. And while that probably showed how skewed his priorities were, he didn't really care. Wonho had everything he needed to be distracted and more.

"What are you doing here, Mother?" He let out before even thinking about it. Maybe it would've been more appropriate to use her first name, just as she had always demanded in the past but the words just flowed out on their own accord. His tone was hollow just like his expression as he refused to show the anger building up in his core. 

She was the last person he wanted to see today.

"Mother?" Wonho's voice echoed from behind him and he turned to look at the older and mouthing "Are you serious?" at him. The older quickly apologized, bowing his head. Hyungwon exhaled through his nose, straightening his posture when the older woman said nothing. "Well?" He hissed, walking over to his desk and practically throwing his phone onto the wooden surface. "If you aren't going to say anything, fuck right off."

"I need your help." She then said, stepping closer by a few steps, obviously hesitant. Still, her voice was desperate, shaking a little bit as she uttered the words. This made Hyungwon let out a mocking laugh as he shook his head and settled on the edge of the desk.

He then dropped his grin, scowling at the woman instead. He was playing a dangerous game on the line of staying somewhat calm and pulling out his pistol to end this then and there. "And what makes you think that I would? Just one reason." He then asked, crossing his arms. As he observed the woman, he knew that she had none. Her lips quivered a little bit before she quietly spoke. "I am your mother, Hyungwon."

Ah, that card, Hyungwon thought to himself, again letting out a low, yet somewhat genuine laugh. "My mother, huh?" He repeated, raising his eyebrow at the woman. He then pushed himself off of the desk, walking over to her, easily towering over her small frame. He pointed a finger at the woman but didn't touch her, narrowing his eyes.