15: Why?

⎔⎔⎔

The car ride down to the police tension was tense, to say the least. Wonho attempted to start at least some light conversation but it was as if Hyungwon's jaws were wired shut with a permanent scowl etched onto his face. Eventually, he gave up, accepting that he wouldn't be getting a response.

Wonho barely managed to park the vehicle in the visitor's lot before the other man was out of the passenger seat and he had to leave the car a bit slanted in the parking slot so that he could catch up with him. Hyungwon was out for blood and Wonho had to prevent that, at least for now.

As much as he would have liked to, he didn't have much control over their situation. Hyungwon was the one who was called down to the station and Wonho just tackled along so for once, he would have to follow Hyungwon's word down to the T. 

They were eventually led to an office, meeting with a man. Detective Song read the plaque on his desk so Wonho just assumed this was the detective who'd called Chae earlier in the morning. "Mr. Chae, as morbid as it is to say right now, I'm glad to see you." the man spoke up, standing up and shaking Hyungwon's hand with a grim smile.

"It's fine, let's just get down to it." Hyungwon huffed before crossing his arms. The detective then turned to Wonho before glancing at Chae again. "I see you brought company." he then spoke, raising an eyebrow.

Do these two know each other?

"Shin's here as my associate and an emotional buffer," Hyungwon replied before sighing and bringing one hand up to his face, rubbing his left eye a bit. "Wonho, this is Detective Song Gunhee. I'm sure introductions aren't needed the other way." The taller quickly got over it, waving for Detective Song to show them the way.

The two walked ahead while Wonho stayed back a few steps, quietly observing the pair. There was definitely something between them. Hyungwon, back in his office, had made it seem like the detective was annoying and even bothering him by calling him yet here it seemed so much more casual, like a friendship even.

Now it shouldn't be surprising that Chae was friendly with the cops; everyone knew the department was bribed to do his bidding if needed. But Wonho hadn't expected this level of familiarity. Hyungwon had clearly worked with Song before.

The three of them stopped between two different doors. The detective pointed at one. "Go in there. I'm yet to interrogate the suspect because I knew you'd like to be there for it if it is the right man." He explained, crossing his arms. Hyungwon opened his mouth to speak but stopped when the detective nodded. "Yes, if it is him I can allow a few minutes." "Thanks," Hyungwon muttered with a slight nod, pulling the door to the viewing room open before telling the older to go in.

Wonho personally wasn't a big fan of police stations. Mostly just because he was a criminal and there probably was a fat file somewhere with his name printed on the cover of it. Had it not been for Hyungwon's influence he would already be in cuffs, ready to be hauled to a holding cell. The thought made him shiver a little bit.

"There's no fucking way," Hyungwon muttered as they entered the room. Wonho let his gaze travel to the one-way mirror that allowed them the view of the interrogation room. There he was in his twisted glory, handcuffed hands on the table. Son Ilsang. 

His relaxed posture signaled enough. He wasn't worried or anxious about his where about. "He had it planned." Wonho let out, turning back to Hyungwon who just nodded his head, visibly swallowing. "I don't like this." He then stated, brushing a hand through his hair. Wonho could just let out a hum of agreement. 

If Son had planned for getting caught, he must have already had a plan for getting out.

The older placed a hand on Hyungwon's shoulder, squeezing it gently. He could already see the man balling his fists, jaw clenched. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to let Hyungwon in that room with Ilsang alone, but once again Wonho concluded that he had no room to argue.