17: Trust

⎔⎔⎔

A low, consistent vibration came from somewhere in the office, disrupting Hoseok's peaceful slumber. Groaning, he opened his eyes slightly and tried to sit up only to be weighed down by a body on top of him. "Not yet," Hyungwon muttered at him, burying his face deeper into the crook of the older's neck.

"It might be important," Hoseok replied quietly, feeling the other shake his head slightly. "Fuck it." the man grumbled back to which he just smiled to himself, nodding. "Okay. Just for a bit." he agreed, closing his eyes again and just enjoying the warmth of another body against his. 

He didn't remember when he'd last woken up like this. It must have been years by now, so admittedly it felt great. 

After some time, and the persistent ringing of the phone disrupting both of them, Hoseok wrapped his arm around Hyungwon's slimmer frame and flipped them. The younger man huffed in protest, finally opening his eyes. "You're no fun." He grumbled, round eyes staring back up at the other.

"Says you, Mr. Killjoy." Hoseok grinned at the man, earning the slightest bit of a smile back. Though it was gone as quickly as it appeared and Hyungwon rolled his eyes smacking the older on the arm. "Fine. Go answer it, I'm getting cold like this." The man waved him off, pulling the thin blanket on top of himself.

Hoseok chuckled and stood up from the couch. Walking to "his" side of the office, he rummaged through his belongings quickly, finding the ringing device just as another attempt to reach him came to an end. Ten missed calls from Son Hyunwoo plus countless messages from his two right-hand men. Was this an appropriate situation to say whoops?

When the man called him again, he picked up immediately. "Is this how you treat everyone trying to reach you?" Hyunwoo's voice came through immediately, sounding serious, though, a little frustrated. Well, very frustrated. "I've been busy this morning. What is it?" he replied with a small shake of the head. 

"Morning? It is two in the afternoon." Momentarily, Hoseok's breath got stuck in his throat as he checked the time. Shit. He'd not slept in like this in ages. "Anyway. My father wants to meet with you... I don't know why, but he's been insisting on it since Chae's visit." That explained the multiple calls and urgency to reach him.

"Yeah, right. He got Hyungwon pretty riled up yesterday, so what could go wrong," he replied in a sarcastic tone, clearly catching Hyungwon's attention with the mention of him. 'Hyunwoo?' the man mouthed at him and Hoseok just nodded. A sigh echoed from the other side with some murmuring. "They're transporting him to the courthouse today but the case is pretty much done with. That surveillance footage was damning... Anyway, will you be able to come?"

"Sure. The station or at the courthouse?" He agreed somewhat reluctantly, bringing one hand up to his face. Assuming again, that this wasn't a trap set by that sack of shit, not much could go wrong. "Courthouse, at four or so. The lawyer will make it possible and I'll meet you in the lobby."

"Should I take Chae along?" Hoseok then asked, hearing the other chuckle. "Well, preferably so. He should check his email. I'll see you later." then the other ended the call without anything else said. He then lowered the device from his ear, staring at the now dark screen.

"What did he want now?" Hyungwon asked, staring at him, chin pressed against the armrest of the couch. Hoseok sighed, setting the phone down. "Ilsang wants to meet me now. And that you should check your email, apparently," he replied, moving to rummage through his clothes to find something sensible. 

Hyungwon groaned slightly. "Can you get me my phone and some clothes? Since you're up and about anyway." Smirking a little bit, Hoseok agreed with a low hum, pulling on boxers and a pair of suit pants. "Whatever you need, Princess." "God, don't even start with that, now. You were just beginning to be attractive." Moving to where Hyungwon kept his clothes, he took out some neat-looking clothes before walking over to the desk and grabbing the younger's phone.