3: You're bluffing

⎔⎔⎔

"He's still out?" Kihyun asked from the door and Wonho nodded his head slowly, unsure of what to do. At first, he had thought the dose he injected was too large but when he tried he could find a pulse from the younger leader's neck. That meant he was still alive, right?

He was by no means a medical professional.

"You know, it's a matter of time before his men find out so..." Kihyun then commented making the leader send him a glare. That made the younger close his mouth right away. "You think I'm not aware of that?" he shot back, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his own chair. I.M would be knocking on their front door in a few hours, probably ready to press a knife to the person's throat who would be the one to open the door.

"Just go see how everything's going. I got the USB from his belongings already but I want to know more." He ushered the younger man away and the door fell shut, the sound echoing in the concrete room. 

Wonho brought a hand up to his face, hissing a little when he brushed over his nose. It still ached from the blow Hyungwon had given him back in the car, not to mention the scratch marks on his wrist; he had never had anyone fucking scratch him as self-defense.

He honestly just felt like cutting the other's nails short just for that one incident. Just to be petty

Although he hated the unconscious man before him, he was a worthy opponent. Their meetings were never boring since they were constantly at each other's throats. Though it was a blow to Wonho's pride whenever Chae Hyungwon beat him in a fight, he knew the other man felt the exact same way whenever he was held down like a ragdoll.

Nonetheless, Chae Hyungwon had talked to the two new people at the banquet and Wonho knew he wasn't going to get anything out by going through a civil negotiation. The two people who didn't spare anyone else a glance, not even him, Shin Wonho. Everything about them felt off and Hyungwon had seemed to smell some fishy business too. He noticed how the first thing the other leader did after walking away from the pair, was text someone.

So he'd just dig out what information he could before letting the other leader go. As long as he didn't hurt the man too much, he couldn't be held responsible for anything.

There was no way those two could show up from the blue and the fact they barely talked to anyone. Wonho, sadly, couldn't read lips and he wasn't blessed with the power of super hearing that would allow him to eavesdrop on the two men over the mixture of loud chatter and classical music.

A pained groan echoed in the small space, drawing Wonho's attention back to the real world. Hyungwon finally, after a few hours, had raised his head, eyes squinted. "Morning, sunshine." Wonho grinned, leaning on the table between them.

His voice caught the other leader's attention immediately as the brown eyes opened wide. "Where the hell am I?" he spat, his once smooth voice now rough and strained from what had happened in the car. There was a large, nasty bruising on his neck left by the silk tie he used to choke the man. "You can use that brain of yours to deduct that, Chae. You're smart enough, aren't you?" Wonho replied with a slightly mocking smirk, pushing himself up from his seat.

A deep sigh escaped from the other man as he looked around, muttering something that sounded amusingly close to 'at least he didn't use chloroform.'

Hyungwon's attention returned to him soon enough and the brown eyes hardened to a sharp glare. "If you don't let me go this instant I'll.." "You'll what?" Wonho interrupted, walking around the table to stand behind the younger man. Hyungwon rattled his handcuffs in protest and scoffed. "You have some guts." He scowled, trying to turn his head to look at him but Wonho grabbed the sides, keeping it straight. He trailed his fingers across the other's jaw to his neck and jabbed them into the bruised skin, earning a pained sound from the other.