5: Backup's backup

⎔⎔⎔

"Hyung," Minhyuk said immediately after pushing the door to Wonho's office open. He opened his eyes with a low sigh, turning to the man with a hum. He was right about to fall asleep, but the sudden intrusion caught him off guard. "What is it?" He let out, rubbing his eyes a little bit. The lack of sleep was definitely catching up to him by the hour.

He only then realized what the other man had called him, but he was honestly too tired to scold him and Minhyuk wouldn't use "boss" or "Mr. Shin" unless they were in a very important meeting. That much was proved over the years of his leadership. Their friendship dynamic remained the same as it had been when they were teens.

The younger man walked over to his desk, bottom lip between his teeth. "I thought I should have saved this for tomorrow's meeting, but, uh, by then it would be a little too late to tell you." the mn spoke hesitantly which made the leader raise his brows. Did someone fuck up?

"Tell me, Minhyuk," he urged him and the other nodded his head. He had no files with him considering his hands were clasped together in front of his body. Unless he had the papers between his asscheeks, he was there barehanded.

The other cleared his throat a bit before giving the boss a slanted grin. "Chae is meeting with Oblivion tomorrow." he then stated, making Wonho furrow his eyebrows a bit in surprise. It would be something Hyungwon would aim to do, but that wasn't exactly the main source of his surprise. "Really?" He asked, earning a nod as confirmation.

He leaned back in the swivel chair which let out a long, annoying creak under his weight. He exhaled deeply in thought. He had found out a few interesting things while doing his research that he wanted to share in the meeting the following day, but this brought a few bumps into his work.

Why would Chae make such a thing free-for-all information? Weren't allyship negotiations supposed to be private? It was better to keep it hidden unless you want it to get sabotaged. "He... Chae has to be messing with us, right?" he asked, looking up at the other man who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Where did you hear this?" he then questioned, straightening his sitting position slightly. "It was just out there on his schedule they keep. 8 pm on Friday in some building a little bit outside the city." Minhyuk spoke, brushing his hair out of his face. "Do you want me to send someone to tail them?"

Wonho nodded his head slightly, teeth abusing the inside of his cheek. "Have a backup group ready. We'll go with Kihyun to scout the area and if something happens, we'll call for them," he stated, cocking his head to the side. 

Chae Hyungwon, sometimes, made no sense to him. He was normally so secretive about what he was doing. Especially since Wonho had set his men on following most of his actions that were upcoming. Nothing was public information and they had to dig deep into the Black Crown's database to get through.

"You seem thrown off by this?" Minhyuk asked and Wonho just pulled his curved lips into a thin line, shaking his head. He was, very much so. "You'll find out tomorrow. I need to look into my research more, I guess." he brought a hand to rub his eyes a little again, still feeling quite drowsy.

"Should I leave you to it?" The younger asked. Wonho let out a quiet yes and the other bowed his head slightly. "Keep an eye on Chae." The leader added before the other could exit the large office. "He's definitely got something planned."

Minhyuk left the room, leaving the other in silence. Only the clock ticking could be heard in the space until he turned his chair toward the computer screen. He moved his hand onto the mouse, clicking at the links he had before heaving out a sigh.

"Son Ilsang." The name rolled off his tongue in a pondering tone. He stared at the profile open on the screen, squinting his eyes slightly. "Who the hell are you?" he then said asked, sort of hoping to get an answer from a non-corporeal being but all he was met with was the annoying ticking of his clock.