9: On Track.

⎔⎔⎔

Wonho had accounted for a few things in the past few weeks. For example, things like the deal getting leaked somewhere in the business. That was something he had all of his data team working on protecting so it really should've not gone public. It did, despite the effort.

But the whole ordeal with his building blowing up wasn't taken into consideration. It was something Wonho could've predicted. The worst thing is that it was an inside job. The leak was done by one of his men, who he managed to catch luckily. But he had no clue by what means and by who the explosive was brought inside. 

The source was near the middle of the tall building, but due to the damage, they couldn't figure out where it came from. Maybe it was a bomb disguised as a painting or a piece of furniture but he wouldn't know until the police investigation was completely done. Until then he'd have to just wait and sit in the knowledge that it could've been an inside job.

And Wonho really didn't like waiting.

His injuries luckily weren't on the worse side. Just a sprained wrist and a few bruises, though it was enough to force him to stay at a teeny-tiny hideaway for a few days. He only knew that the Black Crown was fine as Kihyun informed him but was left in the dark regarding everything else.

"Christ." He muttered to himself, bringing his uninjured hand to his face and rubbing it a little bit. He was tired, yet also not. Maybe it was the unfamiliar setting of Chae's office, the younger man's presence, or just the darn clock that seemed to be louder than any other one.

Hyungwon hadn't said a word since he laid down on the couch, probably fast asleep by that point, only tossing and turning occasionally. The air mattress wasn't half-bad, Wonho had slept on much worse (the holding cell at a police station), but he could feel the air leaking out as he kept sinking deeper into the material.

He considered taking up the offer of a separate room just for both their comfort, but the thought of sleeping in a cramped room made him slightly uneasy now. The office was a wide space, leaving room for both of them. He'd practically planned his way out while making this way up to the highest floor. In case of an emergency. Thus, being placed in another room now would be a little inconvenient.

"Can't sleep?" Hyungwon's voice was slightly hoarse as he spoke, making the older look toward him. The sudden voice had startled him just a little bit as it had been almost pure silence for maybe an hour if not more and the man hadn't shown any signs of life. Hyungwon had sat up and was looking at him from over the backrest of his couch. Wonho drew in a short inhale, humming an affirmative. "Not really." He then replied, observing the other a little.

Hyungwon looked disheveled, to say the least. His hair was a mess and even in the dim light, he could see that the man was a little pale. Hyungwon cleared his throat a little bit before standing up from the couch. The action made the other sit up, watching as the tall figure walked over to his desk.

There was the sound of a drawer being pulled open, followed by a moment of silence before the sound of pill bottles rattling caught his ears. "I've got some sleeping pills if you want," Hyungwon stated, opening the caps to a few bottles before pouring some pills onto his palm.

"It's fine.."  The older replied, hearing a low hum and something that was along the lines of 'suit yourself' from the other. Hyungwon threw the pills into his mouth, swallowing them without water as if he was used to doing so, before walking back to his spot on the couch with heavy steps.

"Are you alright?" Wonho asked before he managed to stop himself and a small laugh echoed in the room. "Are we ever?" Hyungwon replied, laying back down. Wonho could only see his legs hanging over the edge of the couch but didn't comment on it. "Fair point." he shrugged, laying back down with the plastic material of the mattress under him creaking.