X.

Chapter 10: Wedding

(A/N: I do not know how Taisho Era weddings are celebrated, so I will do It how I know it is)

Your hands were tucked in the sleeve of our uchikake* as you walked closer to the altar where a monk stood. You lowered your head making the white tsunokakushi** covered your eyes.

Normally weddings would be pushed back after death of a family member, but you didn’t care for that so you let them continue it. You knew it would make people think things if it wasn’t that Ruka already was seen as an ignorant person – words from your ‘father’, and from what you had found out from what was told to you.

You had reached the altar as the musicians stopped and you lifted your head seeing your husband with a flustered expression, he also had a light colour of pink on his cheeks and bridge of his nose.

He wore a raven kimono that contrasted yours with a male version of the tsunokakushi on top of his head. A golden fan on his hand that represented his superiority as male of the new relationship. His flame coloured hair was nicely made and was tucked under the hat.

You stood before him as the wedding ceremony started your hands clasped in his bigger ones. You hoped that everything continued as good as when you were soon-to-be.

The hair pins giggled when your head moved too look at the monk as he explained over the marriage that was going to be holy and all that.

Then the two were to give each other sake to seal the deal – as told – before all the ones present and then the two consumed the last stage of the marriage alone that night. Something that made your face turn read and between your legs you suddenly felt hot just thinking of it.

You knew that after consuming the marriage that you had to start being careful, after all after having Senjuro you got sick. You didn’t want that.
Did it have to do with Muzan meeting you the night before?

You had to admit the rip off Michael Jackson was scary, but you acted as if you were plain stupid. And he calmly asked you to become a demon? Didn’t he liked force Akaza? Couldn’t he force you like he did to others?
Who knew why.

You wanted to laugh at how cute he was but focused on the wedding before you and poured sake for you both and then let him drink from the one you hand and vice versa.

***

After that came the banquet, you sat with your now husband and across from you at Kie and Tanjuro who Shinjuro was amazed to meet.

They spoke over breath styles since both knew who to use them. But Tanjuro refused to enter the battle field, you didn’t know why yet even if you were his ‘sister’, and you didn’t dare ask to be suspicions. 

Kie was silently hearing with a smile, she looked so much as Nezuko her long raven hair was loose over her shoulders part of her hair was held up in a braid that then twisted in a bun behind her head and was decorated with hairpins and flowers.

Her beauty mark never failed to miss the eye since it stood beneath her left eye. Her eyes were a color of dark violet and had diamond-like white pecks in her pupils, and the signature white pupils that showed that she was from the Kamado Clan.

Tanjuro looked like Yorichii with his long hair that was in a ponytail, but unlike the anime it was longer that it reached his mid back. His mark didn’t develop it just looked like scar rather than the Kamado mark.

On his ears there was the earring that swayed with his movements. When your eyes landed on hem envy ran in your thoughts immediately, but you knew it wasn’t your feelings or thoughts – it was Ruka’s.

His kind smile on his lips make you want to smile along with him.

A maid poured wine for you in a wooden cup and placed some mocha on the plate. “thank you.”

You ate and drank the whole night avoiding to get drunk, you knew that if you did things wouldn’t end nice at the end of that night when you needed to have the first night together.

Shinjuro had his hand in a firm grip on your tight as his thumb rubbed with comfort. Your hand was placed on his as a smile curled on your lips as you looked at your lap.

Many of the visitors were there greeting and congratulating as slowly they headed home since the sun started to hide behind the horizon and demons soon would get out of their hiding place.

You hugged Kie and your brother bye before following your husband to the carriage, the drive was silent. your heart beat into your neck from how nervous you were, you now had gotten married.

His hand was wrapped around yours all the time until you reached the manor before sun down. And like that you both got out as the man went off.
You two walked inside.

The atmosphere was filled with nervousness and love, something you never thought could be felt in an arranged marriage even if you fell for him.

You took your tsunokakushi letting your hair get some air you were leaving you with the shiromuku*** and the uchikake. You then took of the haori that protected you from the cold evening air. The two of you walked to the bedroom you shared now. In place of a futon there was a western styled bed that was the queen sized.

Your face turned red when you saw the roses on the bed and red pedals that was scattered on the floor. You then realized that Shinjuro wasn’t in the bedroom and you started to look around and saw a note on the bed.

On the front was written, ‘for the bride’ you opened the white envelope and your face grew red as whoever wrote this explained what would happen to fully consume the marriage.

(*- uchikake is a traditional kimono worn by brides at their weddings)

** - A tsunokakushi is a traditional headpiece in shinoto wedding ceremonies. They’re sign of a woman getting rid of any jealousy she may have and becoming an obedient wife and they often refer to as ‘horn-hiding’.

*** - a Shiromuku is a white kimono that was more seen as the wedding attire, but beneath the Uchikake)
Source of info – Wattpad book Renascence (M.K)