XVII

Chapter 36: Winter

Weeping could be heard as you cried holding hard onto the light blue kimono of your daughter that was filled with wrinkles from how much you gripped the kimono.

Shinjuro silently sat beside you a hand patting your back as you wept. Tears were hot against your cheeks as your eyes started to hurt from how much you were crying.

You felt like you were dying seeing your daughter die. You were under a pressure, you felt like you failed her! Like you made her suffer. You felt like a terrible mother at that moment.

Mitsuri's cries were heard they followed after you, didn't they. You sat up as a member of the Rengoku sat you up slowly and they covered the body fully with a fire colour duvet she used to cover with. Tears never stopped even if the glow in your eyes vanished from the death of your child.

Your usual white pupil darkened to a red colour matching your pupil. Making you look dull and empty.

Yes you still had six more kids and your lovable husband, but either way she was your daughter. Her death looked painful.

Your hair stuck to your face and body due to sweat.

You were escorted outside by Shinjuro as tears came from your eyes still, your silence was disturbing rather than comforting.

Your fingers curled into fist as a glare formed on your face. For some reason hate rose up your chest, you didn't know who you were feeling the hate towards.

***

Two days passed and cries and screams were heard at the Rengoku graveyard where was filled with pale white snow over the tomb stones and over the ground.

Snow fell softly from the skies.

Everyone worn raven kimonos mourning, some pillars were there aside from Kyojuro that was on his mission and you preferred letting him focus on his job.

So no crows has send the news to him or anything keeping the funeral a secret from him. You held tight onto Shinjuro's arm that was wrapped around you hiding your view from the funeral ritual that was cremation.

You remember how it went when Minjuro and Temari passed away a few years ago.

They would cremate the body and the family keeps the ashes and is placed in the library of the family the member belonged to. You didn't want to see her burn in flames! It hurt your chest just thinking of it.

Before you knew you felt a heat as the child was being cremated, when it happened Shinjuro let you go to finish the cremation. You now held onto Senjuro and Iguro that comforted you even if thye held back tears of seeing their sibling be burned.

At night you slept with your back facing your husband showing your sadness as you tried to drift to sleep. But your eyes were wide open, the image of your daughter's wide dull dead eyes was printed into your view.

Dull grey eyes stared into your soul.

When you were sure Shinjuro was deep asleep you got up and walked to the kitchen and grabbed a jar of sake that stood there a sponge tap covered the mouth.

A cloth was around the handle to hold onto. It was the same jar you gave Shinjuro after Ruka died. You were in a mental state you needed to get mind of things.

Bitter and burning feeling drained down your throat making you gasp as you took three big glugs of the alcohol before feeling a bit dizzy but kept going as your memories fogged.

You were drowned in sadness and alcohol feeling terrible and as if you failed. But you never knew this curse existed before the death of Temari and Minjuro and how they explained the curse to you.

You couldn't stop as you continued, your body swayed with a sudden song that just started to play in your head and laughed feeling free? Who knew what the feeling would be. Maybe that you felt overly happy and what happened earlier today?

Eh?

Suddenly your legs grew weak and you leaned onto the wooden table you stood before and then fully collapsed with deep sleep. Your head hit the floor the jar shattered into bits the liquor spread staining the tatami mat.

Your giggles slowly died down into small ones as you fully started sleeping deeply.

***

A girl with long brown hair hopped and jumped around the garden that was filled with snow her boots marking her steps that she took. Her giggles were heard all over as she build a while group of small snow man.

Her green brown eyes that made it look like a dirty green colour. Pretty light brown freckles decorated her cheeks making look very odd but beautiful. She wasn't fully Japanese as it seemed. But also half English.

She was five and watchful eyes of her father laid on her as she play around in the garden. A small dog hopped around with her, a small blue scarf was around the dog's neck.

Those were the times that peace was resided in the house.

Before the witch appeared in their lives. The bimbo that decided the destroy the little they had.

***

Her father finally got remarried after the death of his wife and it was a nice woman, nice at first glance that is. The woman was rich and had a famous restaurant. For some reason the girl didn't like her so much but ignored the feeling.

"If she doesn't bother me and disturb my routine I'll accept her." the ten year old child shrugged and turned back to her drawings she was making on her manga sketch book, her eyes focused on the raven pencil markings.

She always wanted to become a manga artist since she loves reading them and from what she knew her father was one of a famous manga named Attack on Titan, and she too wanted to become one, to follow his steps.

You as a child loved watching Death note and your father's vey gory manga.

A year later as she turned fifteen her father got married to that woman.

The day finally things for her started going downhill.