V.

Chapter 24: Master

I was called again to see Kagaya it was one of those days I get to see him calmly. He was now twenty one and was getting sicker by the day.

I reached the manor and entered due to permission I had from Kagaya and was met with his five children that were playing around while Kiriya – his only son – was sitting in the room with his father when I entered.

I bowed, “greetings, Kagaya, Amane-Sama,” stood back straight and looked at the six year old Kiriya, “how are you Kiriya?”

He flinched, “hi,” he hid behind his mother with his hollow dark violet eyes staring at him a bit scared of me.

“he still sees me as a demon?” I sat down across my student.

He sadly nods, “he thinks demons have red eyes like yours.”

I turned to the younger, my smile genuine and kind before crouched before him. And carefully pat his hair my fingers tracing his shoulder long raven hair.

Trust was something that should be built between a person and a child – with everyone.

You sat down across your former student who was now an adult who smiled calmly, the curse slowly grew over the corner of his eye that one day would fully blind him, it grew pain in your chest just seeing him like that.

“why have you called me here, Kagaya?” you asked as you thanked Amane for the tea and sipped it.

The younger that sat before me pulled it a scroll and placed it on the low wooden table, “we have found the last family member of none other than the Tsugikuni family. A pair of twins.”

Muichiro and Yuichiro

“Do you wish for me to get them here?” you asked your head tilling to the side as your long hair moved with your motion.
He smiled wider and nodded, he was more calmer and himself around you and his family then when he was outside the manor.

Like that your meeting ended and you started to head out to the house you have known for the last eighteen years.

Your zori sandals moved with your steps as you reached the manor and went inside in the garden where Mitsuri was, her smile widen when seeing you and wrapped her small arms around you in a tight embrace one that almost made her brake your bones.

“Mitsuri,” you pat her back, “I – I cannot breathe!”

She let go as Senjuro approached you with his innocent and hesitant smiles and hugged you softly. And the teens in the yard saw you as their own mother, Obanai and Mitsuri surely did. It made your heart warm up.

“I will start dinner.” You spoke before heading inside taking your haori off before was greeted by your husband. He was better than the manga you wrote him to be. After all Ruka was never dead at the first place.

His hair was held up and his kimono was nicely worn and no scent of booze reached your nose, rather than the scent of ink and flowers.

Shinjuro had made his hobby or writing books and take care of plants – rather than sitting around drinking his pain away.

After all he had to find something better to do than to slay demons every night. He was calmer and more at home. He retired but told Kagaya that he could be a standby. For the region of his son if Kyojuro ever could not take a double mission.

“Ruka.” he called out his soft smile evident and hugged you. His arms held you in place as he planted a chase kiss on your lips, “how was the meeting with master?”

You hummed in the kiss and pulled away, “it went well, I will be visiting a pair of twins tomorrow morning, so I may be gone for a day depending on the children’s decisions.”

His brows frowned and huffed his cheeks puffed out a bit as he started to try and boil up trouble, “why do you have to go?”

You shook your head at his shenanigans because it was not now for him to pull his reverse card at you.

“do not question me, Shinjuro, I will be back when night falls.” Like that you pulled away fully from his hold and headed out of the room into the kitchen when you started to cut vegetables to make a nice amount of udon for the family.

Knowing that you had three humans that ate more than a village you started to chop around three bags of onions with the help of your youngest son who entered a few minutes after you.

His lips curled into a shy smile as he helped you cut the vegetables, the sounds of wood clashing never missed your ears as you spoke to the younger who was now steering the noodles. As you started to prepare the soup for the noodles.

“Mother?” you turned to the now opened shoji door that lead to the halls. There stood Kyojuro who looked tired. The cape that normally laid on his shoulders were off and the first two bottoms of his uniform was off.

Your smile widened at just seeing the ball of sunshine. The was a very straight up boy that loved drama in some way, something the smaller and younger ball of sunshine avoided. Such cuties!

You whipped your hand on the white cloth in your hands before wrapping your arms around him in a laving embrace, “how was your mission?”

You knew that it was his first Lower Moon fight with the annoying flute guy that you designed when you were in your past life.

You then realized as your eyes widened like plates. You did make him loose his eardrums in the manga, so you turned your head and used your hands to pull off the long bangs from before his ear and gasped.

His ears were bleeding blood rolled down the shell of his ear down his jaw.

Have to admit his jaw is pretty sharp.

“Kyojuro!” you started as tears filled your eyes, “why did you do it!?”

When the spoke for the first time after he came, “Mother do not fret! I beat the Lower Moon! Now I am officially a pillar!” the way his tone was now over his normal average confirmed that he did rip the drums of his ears off to win.

Did he not think of the consequences? He knew that he could not heal them! He was partially deaf now. . . it made you feel bad for making his life that bad, you wished you had written that story different. But now life must go on.

You hugged him once more tighter as Senjuro started to cry and ran out the room to get their father. You knew that him ignoring his own health for others was something you had written and destined yourself.