XIII.

Chapter 31: Children

'Shit!'

Your eyes were wider than china plates. So you used you brain to try and find a lie, a good reasonable lie, and your hand traced your kimono sweating profoundly,

"Mama!" Mui entered with his kimono worn and hugged me, "Kyojuro-Nii is leaving!"

You blinked slowly and remembered, Kyojuro was leaving for his last mission. You headed out your hand wiping the dirt in the white apron that's dirty. And ran over to the main entrance where he was. his haori swinging over his shoulders as usually.

Your leg slammed against a table as you speed walked over to the door making you curl forward due to the pain. Making you curse in pain. "fuck!"

The first time you swore out loud in years.

"Ruka," you turned your head, while you still was bend forward, "what happened?"

Shinjuro looked rather worried when he saw how you were. And crouched before you, his brows connected and he frowned deeply. He eyed the stubbed toe, and let a sigh.

"sorry, I have sworn a bad word," you spoke tilling your head down knowing it could leave a bad reputation of view, even if you were married for more than twenty years, who knew what would happen, "After all I stubbed my toe."

Stubbed like a bitch.

He crouched down and held your leg that was still a few inches from the wooden table and inspected the reddening spot on your toe and then slid his other hand up your leg until reaching your thigh, "It most hurt. I'll carry you."

And like that you ended up in Shinjuro's arms, in a position you missed, bridal style.

When you reached the main entrance where Kyojuro stood, he had a small suitcase and bentos that you and Senjuro made for his departure, and he was being deeply hugged your [Y/N] and Mitsuri. Both pretty much not wanting him to leave.

"children," you called the attention of all our uh, seven kids, "please let Kyo breath,"

"mother," he turned to me with his usual indifferent smile, "I will be leaving now, on Mugen Train." He gave a curt bow and then kissed your cheek as a good bye.

"Kyojuro," he stopped and turned with a smile as usually, be barely frowned in the twenty years after he was born, "be careful, I will be waiting, make me proud." I gave a smile a sweet soft one as usually.

He nodded wide, "yeah!" and then vanished into the skies.

I needed to go with the plan I had to try and save him, Muzan never came after Rui's death, maybe I could try and stop by blocking the eyesight of Akaza, after all he can't attack woman.

***

You knew it was gonna be four months into the mission when the fight against Akaza was going to start. So you needed this time to try and talk to Nezuko, that you knew could find a way to hold Akaza back. Even if they were commanded to eliminate her.

"good morning, Ruka."

You turned to face Shinjuro that was facing you, his eyes closed before pulling you into a hug his face hidden into your loose and messy hair. His hands slithered around your shoulders and waist holding you tight.

You let a yawn, "good morning, Shinjuro." You pecked his cheek, "I should head to see Tanjiro and Nezuko, also I wanted to ask him if we could adopt them, but last time I couldn't, maybe to do it after Kyojuro return from his mission."

He let a huff before letting go and getting onto sitting posture, "we can adopt them – they are the last ones we adopt okay? We aren't a foster home." You laugh at the words said by your beloved.

You let a laugh, "You wanted a child and we got [Y/N], and you don't want two teens?"

He let a smug scoff, "seeing you carry my children is better than adopting, surely the act before getting pregnant."

Your cheeks grew red understanding his words and grasped the pillow from the futon and went to slam it on his face. But he used a hand and grabbed it from midair with a smirk.

"It's been years since I saw that face, Honey." He went for a kiss, leaning forward his fingers holding your chin pulling you to him. "maybe let me get you pregnant so you can get another child as you wish for."

Before he could press his lips on yours the door opened showing that Senjuro was awake and already made breakfast.

You pushed Shinjuro away in utter fear and fluster due to not wishing little Senjuro to see you and your husband making out.

"Baby," you greeted and got up the duvet falling onto the floor and hugged the younger, "how was your night sleep?"

He let a soft smile and looked down with his usual nervous expression, "the Kakuchis helped me, and I have slept pretty well, Mother." His yellow-red eyes moved to Shinjuro that was either way still thrown onto the floor, his eyes were wide in surprise and the duvet covered his body. "What happened to father?"

You let a nervous giggle remembering that Shinjuro may or may not be pissed at you, "do not worry, Senjuro."

Like that you pulled a haori over your shoulders, winter was soon to come, the weather grew colder and colder over the past few weeks. Making you feel like you were gonna die, the cold was never something you grew comfortable with even if you lived in this world for twenty years.

You needed to stay close to Shinjuro and the kids since they radiated the heat needed with their bodies.

Senjuro never let you do anything, he only let you help with making food, but nothing else, after all he was worried for you making all the chores. The Kakuchis help with most cleaning and maintain-ment of the household, after all four pillars lived there, and a former pillar.

The Kakuchis cleaned most aside from some rooms that were at the farest and deepest parts of the manor that was limited from them. Like the family library, the infirmary (that was vacant), the main bedroom and the main office.

The family library had the books of all the former Flame Pillars of the Rengoku Family. It had their stories and hidden lore, that only the blood related members had access too. you had permission to enter and exit the room as you wished.

It also had a specific red book that I wrote myself, from the Kamado family, you had it hidden within many flame orange books that covered all the walls of the room.