XIX

Chapter 38: Renaissance

After he punched holes into the tickets I tried to white the blood demon art of me even tho no one could see it, I could feel energy drain bit to bit. The lights started to flicker and the people around us started to scream in horror of a fully mutated demon.

You stayed seated when Kyojuro attacked the demon, you felt like a proud mother, but before you could praise your oldest biological son you froze remembering the death of your youngest making you shut up. You weren't a proud or good mother after what happened to your youngest.

The children praised Kyojuro and called him brother and he said he would take them as his new students, a smile came remembering only one person survived under his wing. Even Shinjuro has more students than him.

It was nice to have more younger kids around the mansion anyways.

The silence in the manor bothered you too much, you got used to [Y/N]'s constant laughter in the place, even her cries kept you sane. They went to sit down back again and you could see the fading ashes of the demon.

Finally your eyes started to get droopy you were forced to sleep one way or another. Even if you tried to get the Art off you it was still there. You leaned your head back and surrendered into the dream or nightmare you were going to get.

Your arms grew limp as you fully went into the dream Emnu wished to give you that fine night.

Your eyes dropped and you feel into a blissful feeling, one familiar you knew a long time ago, it was different from the bliss you had now was Ruka, it felt natural and one you grew up with, one you had grown to forget.

****

Your eyes opened and saw the view you never thought you would see, modern Tokyo, your eyes filled to the brim with tears remembering the city you grew up in.

Why were you crying again? You shook your head and whipped the tears off and walked away before a familiar gruff voice called you, you spinned around and saw your husband accompanied by your three children.

All wearing expansive and fashionable clothes. Shinjuro held his usual annoyed expression as he held your toddlers hand who in her other hand held a dango filled stick.

"mommy!" she called and yanked Shinjuro's hand and walked to you, "look what daddy bought me!"

You smiles, why did you feel like a deep kind of devastation from seeing [Y/N]? You shrugged it off as you held your eldest hand and walked to a tall building that you realized was a condo apartment building.

You all walked to the elevator to your condo where the key card was swiped to unlock the door, you condo was huge. You felt like you were in heaven, even tho you knew this place, right?

For some reason everything felt unfamiliar but also familiar for you, like you knew this wasn't your home for some reason.

Your toddler ran to her room to play and then four other adolescent and teenagers walked out a room with a smile.

Your adopted children came and hugged you greeting you from your previous outing.

"they really are different from you, [Y/N]," your name was spoken and it wasn't towards you toddler but towards you, you lifted your head and saw your father, the man who raised you and was a former manga writer who you were his successor.

"father," you hugged him greeting him , it felt like you haven't seen him for decades. "how have you been?"

After pulling away he smiled, "I have been doing well, the children have treated me well, surely the older ones, the younger ones. . ."

You turned to the twins that were looking away in shame, Yuichiro and Muichiro surely liked the trouble Shinjuro and your dad, they were a very jealous of anyone touching their mama.

"you two should stop troubling him," you spoke patting their head.

For some reason it all felt fake, nothing was real for you.

***

A boy stood far away and turned to walk down the wide hallway. He was not understanding what kind of world you were in seeing that everything was so . . . foreign for him. Where was it again?

He found the ending of the dream, just out a glass door was lead to a weird kind of engawa that was midair, he used the knife to rip it open and everything changed to utter darkness.

It was a black void. His heart started to beat faster. Not knowing someone entered in the soul with him.

"you are stupid to enter like this," the person wore a cloak that covered their face, "this place is mine, I was haunting this soul for years."

The boy turned around and freaked out, seeing the person, "who are you?! You are not the woman!"

"obviously not anymore," the person snarled, "I used to,"

The boy seemed confused, "the woman is still alive so what do you mean?" the boy needed to find a way to get to the heart of the soul.

But the person was intriguing to hear, like it was drawing him more towards them, he was in a trance wanting to hear more and more of who that person was. after all not everyone could enter the heart or the soul of the victim.

Suddenly the person just froze and fell backwards making the boy to turn his heel and ran off to where he saw the heart of the soul, it was a flaming red color, one that matched the sun. it looked unstable. But then he saw another one.

"two souls," a mouth spoke, fangs showing as a maniacal smile, "that is new, maybe Master knows something."

The bout didn't know what to destroy before he felt an unbearable pain on his back and started to vomit blood, his body jerked forward gripping the wound that opened on his abdomen forcing him out the soul into reality.

And saw a sword pierced into the stomach, he turned to see the cloaked person there.

The sword ripped out the gash making him limp forward into the wooden floor, and the person kicked him off the way.

And turned to look at you, who looked in bliss.

They groaned and started to cut your rope off. "thank goodness I stalked you for the last few weeks, you were getting yourself killed."

Pulling the hood down a familiar brunette was revealed, well familiar to you, it was you, your [E/Y] eyes seemed tired, "god I hate this body."

She leaned over to your ear and whispered into your ear, "kill yourself to live."