IX

Chapter 28: Cousins

Little [Y/N] was in your hands as she cooed and played with her stuffed toy her short fire coloured hair bounced her movements and used her hand to shake the doll in her hands and giggled when a sound came from the inside of the doll.

“Mommy!” she looked up and pointed to her white papers to colour, “paint!”

Her words were gibberish sometimes. But you knew what she wanted and you placed her down and she ran over there, her steps hurried and disoriented, as she fell she got up and continued to the corner of the room and started to draw. 

You laughed an started to write down something’s that you needed to buy when the door opened you turned your head around and saw Uzui Tengen who was there, he was surprised to see you there. He blinked his eyes twice before Kyojuro came.

You smiled seeing him and waved your hand to him as a silent greeting to both younger males.

“Kyojuro! I didn’t know you have such a hot woman living with you?” Tengen beamed with a grin that was wider than ever, “I could make her my fourth wife!”

In expression twisted onto the face of your eldest son even if his smile was still curled on his lips, “she’s m—.”

 “who the hell do you think you are to think that of my woman?!” the booming voice of Shinjuro made you flinch a bit as your eyes glanced to where Shinjuro stood that the door that was wide open that lead to the outer halls.

His glare was harsh and his arms were crossed over his chest making sure Tengen didn’t dare getting closer to you.

Tengen turned to Kyo with a horrified look, “Your father got remarried?! Why wasn’t I invited? Rengoku man we were buddies!”

“She’s my first and only wife, Uzui-San, now what brings you here?” Shinjuro questioned as [Y/N] walked forward with careful steps her small hands holding a sheet and sat beside you, “I have never heard of your arrival.”

“well, as flamboyant as you know me as, I invited myself in! and Kyojuro was outside and he let me in!” Tengen spoke with pride while fuchsia eyes glancing at you a bit and turned to your husband again.

Shinjuro shook his head unfazed and then stood beside my sitting form, “she is my wife, Ruka, I suggest you to stay ten feet from her after your declaration.”

***

Like that the man was ten feet from you all the time of his visit making you smile at your husband’s death glare towards the younger. Your daughter was propped beside Kyo with eyes filled with wonder trying to speak to the older. Japanese was a bit difficult for her sometimes surely the honorifics, after all she was just two.

“Okwaa!” she let out with her hands out pointing an accusing finger to the silver haired man that smiled, “J—Jerk!”

You pursed your lips before a half-hearted laughter erupted from your parted lips that jerked open. “No, [Y/N] don’t call our guest that sweetie.” 

Tengen gave a mortified gasp and Kyojuro just smiled and let a chuckle, “she took too long to realize who it told her to call that,” he bounced his leg up and down various times with the girl that sat on his tight. She let a bobbly giggle.

Tengen’s eyes widened more than before, “how dare you betray me friend?! Is your sister more important than our lifelong friendship!” his voice sounding playful making you smile sider.

Suddenly a Messenger crow appeared the crow that belonged to Shinjuro the raven feathers were ruffed by the bird before a found announcement came from him.

CAW Message to Rengoku Ruka from Oyakata-Sama! CAW!” 

You crouched before the bird a spoke, “that will be me.” Before the bird lifted his small leg up and you untied the small white paper that was thick due to how much times it was folded.

“thank you.” 

Your eyes moved on each sentence that was written in a smooth writing on Kanji that you knew was from Amane, after Kagaya had gotten blind she wrote the notes from him sometimes little Kiriya would do too.

Dear Ruka-Sensei,

I have sent this notes in hopes that you could help me introduce Sun Breathing to the remaining of the former Kamado Clan.

I do hope you accept this request, after all you are the only Kamado I know that can do this job – the only Kamado in general. Maybe you could also know why Kamado Nezuko is pretty much unique.

Please accept this request, Sensei.

Greetings,

Ubuyashiki Kagaya.

Your smile curled on your lips, it was so wide it made the crow sweat drop and took a hesitant step back while Shinjuro took the note realizing that my expression was creeping him out.

After a few seconds a sigh came from his lips and started to write a note back to your student. And then sent it off. You turned to him with wide grin and eyes showing him how happy you were. It made him sigh once more before he kissed you making you break out of your heavy trance.

“I am going to see Tanjiro and Nezuko!” you cheered and ran off onto your room – not before grabbing little [Y/N] from her older brother.

Shinjuro sighed and shook his head seeing your glee-filled expression.

As you entered the room you shared with your husband you placed the infant down and changed her small clothes into a pretty fire red kimono that was held by a string. You traced your hands into her short fire-like hair and then kissed her forehead making her let a laugh.

She still struggled to change clothes but she already knew how to tie the string.

You then grabbed a pair of clean kimono and signature family obi and headed to the bathroom to change into them before walking out with a bleu coloured comb and yanked the knots off roughly and then let the long hair loose.

“ready!” you smiled and then pulled the tabi socks on and then started to head out the room and Shinjuro leaned against the door.

“You are going alone?” he questioned tiling his head to the side his hair moving with the motion.

You simply nodded, “I do not wish to frighten them. Later on you shall meet them.”

“Lets’ go [Y/N],” you held her up and she let a laugh, “Let’s go see your cousins.”