XII.

30: Who is she?

The crickets sang in the night letting their soft but sharp melody in the night. Wind was cooler than in daytime, aside from the crickets song and the soft sound of trees and leafs, no sound reached your years. You were pretty much awake in the garden just walking around due to utter boredom.

Your eyes were fluttered shut feeling relaxation ink in your shoulders, the bandage on your head was still stained with some blood and the medication that was applied earlier that day.

You remembered everything in that memory even though it was a bit of a glitch, Ruka was unable to use Sun breathing since the beginning, was that why she was out-casted so easily? Was that why she was so numb and was jealous of Tanjuro?

Your hand reached to your face with confusion, well, you questioned onto why, just why did you sometimes cried?

You felt a light warm breath brush against your cheek and nose and made you flinch up and push your body back when your eyes met some golden red eyes with bright white pupils. The rest of the person's body was dark covered with black shadow.

The shadow that covered its body swayed like flames or water. It made your body tremble in fear and horror, those were . . . Ruka's eyes! Her eyes before she grew pregnant and did the ritual.

"Ruka?"

The shadow jolted, "ah," she scoffed, "you do know who I am, I guess that's my eyes."

The shadow jolted forward and was inches from her nose. Slowly the shadow dimmed from the center of her face showing her skin slowly, pale white and young, youth glistered all over her face and eyes. The more it dimmed and melted away the more I could see her, her hair grew out and was dirty, gooey and mood-filled.

From her chin down to her feet was still filled with a shadow.

"maybe we should introduce ourselves again," She spoke. "I am Kamado Ruka.

"Uh, what name do I use?" you asked her with a confused tone, "L/N Y/N, is my name."

you looked behind you for a second trying not to let Shinjuro or the kids to hear what you said knowing it would end up bad if they knew.

"you do not remember us meeting before?" she spoke her head tilled to the side with a questionable look. "oh right, you were at the verge of death and drowning, I guess you accepted the deal without thinking twice."

Your eyes widened, "how did I die?!" your voice was a bit too loud but you didn't bother as your hand went to grasp her collar that was covered with the shadow but just passed thought.

"Car crash." Was what was said by the former owner of the body you currently possessed. "I was committing suicide when I appeared before you in the drowning state you were in the huge river where over it was a bridge.

"I asked you if you really wanted to die? Or if you wished to replaced me. You nodded in desperation and well you died!"

***

You flinched again this time due to a soft yank of Yuichiro that stood behind you, he was just a short as you, his long hair held in a braid bun that Mitsuri did to his hair that morning. You were overly tried due to staying awake most of the night talking to Ruka – the real Ruka – who told me what happened to me, but just a fragment, what she knew of my death.

I wanted to know why I fell into the water or how I fell there. My nails dug into my skin as I clutched it into a fist.

"Yes, Yui?" I asked tilling my head to the side to look at him.

He let out a sigh, "you look very tired and desperate after you were seen out cold. Did Kamado do something? Do I have to rip his arms off?" his usual calm aura vanished into a sudden rage.

'is he bipolar?'

"no, little [Y/N] is someone to keep busy and is very energetic." You lied, 'sorry for lying.'

He simply nodded and helped me peel the potatoes and cut them in blacks. While I cleaned the fish that was freshly caught by Muichiro and Senjuro that were bored.

"yesterday I went to see you, but you were nowhere to be seen. And there was a demon around, that aura was inhuman."

Your eyes widened.

'Shit!'