IV.

Chapter 4: Hashira

A few days passed and a week came after you were just ‘reborn’ as Ruka.

Again you were arranged to go on a date with Shinjuro who was a literal copy of both his sons that you still found disturbing. Unlike Senjuro he was loud and always flashing a smile, but unlike Kyojuro he was a bit more bold than him.

You rolled your shoulders back and walked to where he would be waiting. Your hands were placed over each other as you walked slowly your steps weren’t heard. You face calm and stoic keeping away every thought vacant from your face.

It helped you relax but also made you very tense on your shoulders since you always were very expressive since childhood.

As the maid opened the door you entered and bowed, “Good Evening, Shinjuro-Sama.” You stood back up and looked at him who suddenly was before you. His eyes filled with adoration and love.

Unlike last time he was wearing the Demon slayer uniform with the golden buttons that made you realize he was a Hashira now. On his shoulders laid the white cape that ended the fame like details.

His hair was held by a small ponytail holding his bangs behind now to cover his face and view.

“you came,” he smiled, “come on let’s talk together, and see what we can plan for the wedding.”

You smiled nodding, at least your ‘father’ and his’ allowed you to choose how you want to ceremony to be.
You told him you didn’t want a lot of people around and that it to be traditional and simple, he agreed and asked,

“is it possible for me to bring some of my collages? They are also Demon Slayers, only two.” You nodded.
Maybe it was Urokudaki Sakonji and Zenitsu’s teacher. (Not like you’d remember his name, he was short and died a few months after the Red Light District Arc.)

“sure, I will bring mine . . .” you trailed off, not like you knew if Ruka had any friends, you just knew what was portrayed on the anime, now you were just reliving her life again. Let’s just see what to do with her life.

Maybe her brother?

You thought for a bit, “I am not sure who to bring, maybe the clan members will be here, but I will see if my brother wants to come.” You immediately explained.

Shinjuro knew a lot of you and knew you never had friends, you were most times locked in the manor where you learned how to be ‘lady-like’ something he knew Ruka detested due to being forced inside most times.

He knew that you carried some kind of envy towards your younger brother, so you most likely wouldn’t even mention him, but he was weird-ed out that you did. But just nodded along with you.

(he found it very weird that you were acting as you did for the last few days, since the engagement  day. After all Ruka threw an anger filled tantrum when you found out you were in an arranged marriage)

But either way he slowly nodded his eyes connected with yours.

***

Your smiled faltered as the carriage moved away from the Manor your fiancé lived in, his smile dropped too as his figure grew smaller. You sighed turning to sit down your hands on your lap and again started thinking.

From what your ‘mother’ told you, you together with Shinjuro will live together soon before the wedding and after the wedding the two will move to the new Flame Residence where you will live. So you had to start packing soon.

When she told you that you felt relieved of being away from such a tense household. You stretched your cheek as the sounds of gallop of the horses covered your light mumbles.

You really didn’t like how life was going for you, the mysteries were being uncovered that looks like Tanjiro and Kyojuro were both cousins. And that there was something weird from the Kamado clan since they were never revealed.

Was it just something that you have never written in the manga? Or . . .

Was there a demon attack?

***

You realized that Giyuu also had white pupils, but that didn’t make him a Kamado – well you weren’t sure yet. Unlike other Kamado he used water breathing and his mark wasn’t even close to the one of the breath of the Sun.

You saw that many Kamado had the mark, well most males, but also some females were seen with some of the marks that most were wounds.

Most Slayers that could use water breathing and had blue coloured blades were decedents of the first Water user. And they had blue eyes, or colours that were mixed with blue, like violet and cyan.

You weren’t sure of that but it was just a theory to think of.

You pushed the folded kimono, yukata, haori and a few underwear in the suitcase. In another one was filled with makeup and book, other things you needed before slamming it shut. You let a kimono, underwear and haori out hanging on the wooden mannequin that stood beside the closet.

Your room was empty only the clothes and futon were there.

You walked to it and sat down before it as you turned the wisteria candle on so you could be protected. The scent was sweet and like poison. You knew it matched the smell or roses and lilac a mix that made you feel like sneezing.
You silently sneezed and shook your head a bit.

“I guess my allergies never fail to amuse me,” you uttered.

Even if you changed bodies looks like you still could get sick from strong scents, you hated that, you couldn’t enjoy many strong scents or even try to.

Like that you moved from the candle into the low futon. You liked sleeping on the floor since it always was cold, so like that you grew to love the futon that was low on ground level. The lazy ass you were back hoe made you love to sleep anywhere and nowhere.

So it wasn’t any difference sleeping on that futon.