XVI

Chapter 17: Master

Being called by Kagaya or well his mother wasn’t something usual to happen to a None Hashira. Well maybe it was to help the – now – four year old to learn what he has to before his age to start ruling at the Corps.

The mother had already given birth to twins, they were adorable and gave a pretty Kagaya vibes making you grin when you saw them.

The woman stood there her raven hair was straight and was pulled into a bun held up by a wisteria designed hairpin. Her lips were tinted red as her dark eyes were calm.

Her eyes were dark that held such sadness. She was forced to a marriage that she ended loving a dead man. In her hands she held one of the girls.

“Ruka-San.” You bowed before the woman.

“Ryoba-Sama,” you looked up seeing her sit down as you stayed like that and then lifted you head for a bit. She pet her daughter’s head softly.

She turned her head to look at you with a controlled smile, one you knew was identical to Kagaya’s, she took most from her. They were like twins aside from their eye colours.

She sighed and smiled, “I need help with Oyakata-Sama,” she cooed the baby as she slept, “my hands are full with these twins, is it possible for you to help him?”

“Writing and reading?” you asked.
She nodded, “the late master explained that the heirs should know that and various languages. The rules of the Corps for his age, and as he grows more will be added.”

Your head ached just thinking how to help a three year old that would soon be officially a leader at age of six.

Like that you followed the woman deeper into the manor it was big and reeked of Wisteria, the scent was a sick sweet, so sweet it made you nose ache.
Laughter echoed the closer you got to the said room that Kagaya resented in.

“Kagaya is energetic,” she commented with a snicker.

Wait. . . the Ubuyashiki Kagaya is energetic? The calm and collective Kagaya?!

. . .

Well what could you do he was a child what would you expect?

The shoji door slid open and saw the three year-old sitting with a masked Kakuchi as he ran around with a wooden toy that clearly was seen that it was handmade. His short hair swayed with his rapid but staggering movement.

Suddenly he fell on his knees and coughed making the female Kakuchi panic and ran to him making him sit up.

“Does this happen often?” you asked.

She nodded sadly, “he is born weak as any other of the family, but being a male its heavier over him. It is a miracle he can run for so long and that he can laugh and be a kid. Unlike his father.”

The former master was born blind already and was technically emotionless. He was raised with a strict instructor and from a young age was already called master. Unlike Ryoba his mother also passed away that he didn’t have anyone to hold him up.

You walked to the child and crouched before him, “good morning Oyakata-Sama.” You greet the child who was now calmer and breath better than before that he was coughing fit.

His eyes swelled in tears, “Do not call me that!” he wailed his small hands going to his face his eyelids hiding his pretty lavender eyes, “Father is ‘Oyakata-Sama’ I am Kagaya!” he continued, “Call me Kagaya!”

You flinched at his sudden denial, he feels the pressure even as a kid? Now you understood the words that said,

I may be young but,
my mind is well beyond my years.

You turned your head to the Kakuchi who looked worried who also turned to look at the mother. She sighed and nodded.

“Kagaya,” you looked back at him, his eyes opened seeing your kind smile, “I am your new teacher, call me Ruka.”

His tears stopped as the already dripping tears were whipped by your fingers.

His wails stopped turned to light sobs as his head shook up and down, “really,” he sniffed.

You grinned showing your pearly white teeth, “yes, how does that sound, Kagaya?”

***

You got home and Shinjuro wasn’t home since he had a mission a bit farther away. You made dinner in silence as you hummed a song you knew from back home.

You chopped carrots in rapid speed and pushed the chopped ones in the pan with the chicken and switched to the potatoes that were sweet and normal, you already washed them and took the bad parts off.  But didn’t peal them.

After all the good parts and vitamins were in the skin.

“oh pregnant I see,”

You knew who it was and turned to see the source of it.

Michael Jackson.

You turned your head, “do you need something,” he looked the same as the last time, only his hair was straight, nothing else.

“hello. . .” again you stopped chopping the potatoes and looked down seeing Rui?!

He was small and he looked like his demon form, so around those times he was turned, you knew that he was Muzan’s favourite due to their past.

You placed the knife down and crouched to his level, “hi, what is your name little one?”

“he is Rui, a new demon,” Muzan said as he pet the boy’s head, “I wanted you to meet him.”

You stood up, and eyed Muzan, “why is that? We have met ones and you already dismissed me. We did not talk for a while.”

He sighed, “you did not cry and scream when I first appeared to you, so I preferred keeping you alive, is there a problem?”

“no not at all.”

Yes, yes there is.

“I like your company,”

Die bitch.

Like that you were stuck with baby Rui and a cocky Muzan until they knew they had to leave cause Shinjuro was going to get there in a bit.

He kissed your cheek and you two ate in silence.

*fun fact: Author-Chan loves Muzan, but wanted to try and make something funny for once.*