II

Chapter 21: Tsugoku

A few days passed as you again were normal, well you sometimes still mourned but you were better. You greeted Mitsuri with was – together with Kyojuro – Shinjuro’s Tsugoku. She was a lovable child.

You two would gossip and talk over romance and couple you would see whenever in town. You two grew close.

While Iguro was very distant from you when he first came due to his fear for woman – that grew into hate – he now saw you as his mother, he was close to be pillar only three more kills and he would be nominated as a Pillar same with Kyojuro.

You always helped him change his bandages since he sometimes struggled changing it. The haori he wore was handmade by you and he was overly excited when he saw it.

When he had first gotten it he accidentally called you ‘mother’. You cried hugging him close your cheek rubbed against his’.

This day you sat with Shinjuro and the house was basically empty, it was the day Mitsuri together with Kyojuro headed to a mission while Obanai was also on a solo. Senjuro was taking care of his garden that he grew flowers and some veggies.

“They grow up fast,” he started breaking the silence, “it was like yesterday when Kyojuro was born.”

You laughed silently as you played with the clothing you were sewing for Obanai, a kimono to be exact, you realized that he only had three kimonos and his haori also ripped on his last mission. It made you worry so you started sewing a kimono.

“Do think he will like it?” you ask as your eyes focused on the cloth, the needle inserting in the raven cloth embroiling his name with a golden treat.

He nodded, “he will love it, and after all, it is beautiful.” He was pealing an red apple that was from the basket beside him with a small knife the skin of the apple was placed on a small plate.

The silence consumed the married couple as they did their own things, it was calming and soft as they ate apples. They talked over many things when you suddenly finished and cut the golden string placing the needle in the small wooden box.

“there!” you lifted your arms up to see the beauty you finished.

***

You now were in your shared room that evening. Reading a book that you bought and Shinjuro was just there. His head on your chest watching you like the simp he was.

“what do you think of making Kyojuro turn into a Pillar?” you asked closing the book placing it beside the bed.

The man nodded, “Kyojuro is agile enough to be a Pillar, he is my Tsugoku after all.”

“how about you retire?” the words came like a waterfall.

When it entered your husband’s ear he sat up his eyes wide, “why do you ask for that?” he looked rather disturbed by what you asked him, they had never talked over him retiring what was the sudden question for?

“you have been in service for more than twenty years, and I think Kyojuro is ready to turn into a Hashira.” You said you were prepared to say that excuse more natural than ever, “and I think that he deserves it.”

He blinked twice and thrice before nodding, “I will inform Oyakata-Sama over it when we have the next Pillar Meeting that will be soon enough.”

***

Happily enough the day had come for the Pillar Meting that you also were invited due to you being the teacher of the Master, normally the Tsugoku’s of the current Pillars would also be there since they would be close to a Hashira Level.

The meeting started and there was no exchange of staff. There was only Shinjuro, who was the oldest and longest who worked in the Corps that hasn’t died or retired yet.

There stood Gyomei, Shinjuro, Kanae, Uzui and a pretty young Giyuu who stood far from everyone his head low. You stood behind the master hidden in the shadows after all you were invited but preferred being kept a secret for the time being.

The meeting consisted of reporting over the year and if there was any clue of the Demon King and over the new staff and the new Slayers.

Then Kagaya spoke up after all that, “Rengoku Kyojuro I had gotten a message of your crow that you want to retire?” he looked at the note he received the day before.

The man looked up from his lap and nodded, “yes! I wanted to retire from a Hashira to take the time with my son and wife, but I will always be available to take in students!” he exclaimed with a serious look on his face.

“Who will take the place of a Pillar Rengoku-San?” Kanae said with a worried look her hand before her pink lips.

The man looked at her, “my eldest son, Kyojuro Rengoku is my Tsugoku and is capable of being a Pillar in my place! He may be even stronger than me and master all eight of the forms aside from the ninth!” he gestured to his son who was a Kinoe Rank.

You smiled he was genuine. It made you feel proud that he was different than intended for him to be. You changed something, but you wished you could change Giyuu and maybe the death of Kanae. You knew that the main plot that was Tanjiro and Nezuko’s family’s death was important for Muzan’s death.

“well we not name Rengoku Kyojuro as the Flame Pillar in Place of his father.” It was a happy day for everyone and your first born was now a Pillar.