XXI

Chapter 40: Ruka

While you were having fun messing around and shooing Akaza, Shinjuro was panicking, the house was a mess as he trashed around. his hair was a mess over his shoulders as Mitsuri was behind him trying to calm him down.

"Master, please calm down, mother will be back," he spoke with a shy tone, knowing full well he was able to snap. Veins seemed to decorate his neck, his jaw was clenched, and Mitsuri then remembered to tell him.

"My haori is gone," she simply said as green eyes stared deep into the back of his  head.

he nodded, "my sword is also gone, is there anything else that is gone, it cant be a break in. and Ruka is gone, you think she took them?" 

Shinjuro seemed deeply worried, then a Kyojuro's crow came, it was very early in the morning. "CAW, Rengoku Kyojuro finished his mission, Rengoku Ruka battled Upper Rank 3. CAW." 

Blood drained from his face and neck as he grew pain. His eyes widened as his blood grew cold, "is she okay? is my son okay?" he yelled out before the crow left.

"CAW, they are okay, CAW!" Shinjuro ran to his room and wore his uniform while grabbing a white haori and hooked it over his shoulder before pulling his shoes and put his hair into a messy bun.

"Mitsuri, lets go." he strapped his katana on the belt before the two started to sprint after the flying crow. she followed after him, her messy braids bounced with her movements, "Le's hope shes okay.

"Master, why is mother with Senpai?" even if she lived with them and was marked under as their adopted daughter she still carried them with high titles. 

he let a grunt out, "I don't know myself, Mitsuri, I just hope she is okay." he missed how it felt to wear the uniform and the heaviness of his metal sword, tho the sword he had currently was just from one of his deceased cousins. the handle was wrapped around light pink bandages unlike the pure white one.

The pink was just dried blood that stained it. but he kept the bandages than changing them to remember him.

Mitsuri silently prayed that she was okay and that Kyojuro also was okay, after all Upper Three? It would have been dangerous.

While she was worried, shinjuro was angry pissed down to his bone, he acted collected now to frighten his student, but he was mad, his jaw clenched veins appeared over his forehead and neck.

Why was she there?! not that he saw her a weak woman or inferior, but he knew she never fought against a demon before and against and Upper rank she could be badly injured or dead. 

when they reached their destination, they saw the train that laid on its side utterly burned and glasses reflected the early morning sky. 

"Mitsuri help the Kakuchi I'' go see the others," he knew if something was terribly bad he wanted to save her a bit, she and the others were heavily affected by the death of his daughter, "gosh," he muttered passing various kakuchis into the opened field.

He held his breath when he saw Ruka, her hair was loose and messy, dried blood stick to her cheek and hair. She wore the yellow haori that had red ends was bloody too. 

Scratches and bruises decorated her face and legs, Kyojuro had a leaking wound from his forehead.

"Ruka! Kyojuro!" his voice shook and trembles. He hugged both tight as he kissed Ruka's cheeks, "Gosh!"

"father!" a smile decorated his face even if one of his eyes were closed due to the blood that tried to slip into his eyes. "you seemed disturbed, father."

Shinjuro started to shake making you worry, "Shinjuro?"

"I just, oh god, just I thought I lost you." he shook more, his breathing patters broke into utter panic. "Goodness." 

"father-...."

he just broke into bables and cries, "I thought i lost you!" his breathe was shaky as tears came as he finally broke. 

Your hands shook and held him and your son close, you too crying with him.

***

Your hands were on your lap as Kiriya was panicking trying to lead the war, as a eight year old he needed a guider thru the process, your hand reached to help him showing him routes from what you remember from your own manga. 

your hair was loose over your shoulders and you wore a very practical white kimono with red hakama pants. Your old childhood katana strapped on your hip. you were an official slayer but you needed it if anything wrong happened.

Kinata struck her brother her small hand struck him hard making him bite his tongue. "Lord Kiriya focus, father would not like it if you panic like this!"

"Kinata," you spoke, "Let me handle it," you stood up, "Kiriya-Sama, please mourn after the war, your father's work shall not be in vain."

He nodded, tears rolling down his cheeks making you wipe them off. "yes, i forgot Ruka-San."

 That things continued with you guiding them as you could from the memories of the actual Ruka that helped you to win the war.

Your husband sat outside the doors with Tengen. You walked to the door and opened it softly, and asked how things were for the two. 

after confirming everything was okay you sat down back. helping as you could. 

after hours and hours of war with desperation and yelling with you coming along side Kiriya the war was over . . . or so they thought. you stayed on guard knowing what was going to happen.

You let a heavy yawn as you teared up from it as the sun rose. relief entered me as celebration broke thru the room, finally it was over it all was over.

The children broke into tears of relief as they hugged each other and jumping around. Kiriya fell before me into his knees thanking me.

I pulled him into a hug and invited the girl into it too. They cried into my haori as I patted their heads, and stayed strong for them. 

Like that her job was done, she did her best to keep most alive. They were alive sh was sure, from what she knew only, Shinobu, Genya and Gyomei passed away.

But when she reached the battle field with her husband and Tengen. she saw how Mitsuri and Iguro were covered by a cloth. Holding each other close. 

You tripped and fell but crawled the rest of the way to them. tears cascaded down your chin. "NO NO NO!" your cheeks red from tears as your lips opened and snapped shut as you cried out.

"Muichiro! where is he?!" you searched around for him your red eyes blown wide. you saw him too, "no my baby!" 

You cried when you saw him, his brother covered in his blood laying beside him, "no no no why no! my babies!"

like that, the rengoku family's story came to an end, with you trying to fix things - fix your own story and mess you made, and now grew attached to them, adopting and raising as your own. such pain to now see four of your kids pass away before your eyes.

The End.

HELLO GUYS, sorry for taking so long in this shitty ending, i didn't have any idea how to end this, but thank you for reading! tbh this is my first book that blew this good! thank you for staying thru this sorry and followed my theories and plot change.

i may do a small editing to fix any typos or grammar mistakes. while i bring the new story i have a story i know many will like, Lady of the Mansion. 

my next story wuill be some kind of sequel that will be out around june or july named 'how to change' but im thinking to changing the name. it will have the same style as Heian to Taisho Era

once againt hank you for reading - pls follow and vote! 

love!

~rea