XXVI. Choose You.

JAKE FINALLY looked at Kie who had her head turned away from him the whole time because she didn't want to look at him directly with tears in her eyes. He frowns and glanced away, "you know, it's okay to cry..." He says and she just shook her head softly.

"My girl cries all the time." He chuckled and in his head, he sees little Evie crying her head off while his headache grows and in Kie's head, she pictures a girl their age crying maybe because of something stupid Jake said.

"Yeah, like as if that's suppose to make me feel better." She crawled away and leaned against the railing, facing the boy now who glanced at her. "Sorry..." He looked away and she looks at him, feeling bad for her snarky comment to his supposed attempt of comforting.

"I just hate John B right now." She said and he looks at her. "Hate is a strong word." He says which is such a dad thing to say making Kie glance up at him. "It's just because I know how this ends. I've seen this movie. I starred in it." She said as he moved to face her completely. "I mean, freshmen year, it was my first year at the Kook Academy. You know how intimiding that is?" She asked him as she looked into his eyes and he just softly nods.

"And one of these things is obviously not like the other. I mean, I didn't have anything in common with anyone, and just as I'm about to slit my wrists, the queen asks me if I wanna go save baby sea turtles." She says, looking off in the distance as Jake showed a sad look at her choice of words. Whether she's exaggerating or meant it, he felt empathy that she ever had a thought like that in her head.

She's not meeting his gaze and he looked down, pursing his lips together. This is more difficult than he originally thought. "Our first day together, we walked to the beach. We waited for the hatch, and we kept seagulls off so that the turtles could get to the water." She says and he smiles softly. "That sounds... nice." He says and she glanced up at him. "It was the best day of my life." She says and he smiles more.

"And then she turned on me like she does with everyone." She said and his smile slowly faded away. "Look, I'm not doing this with her. He's gonna have to choose." She says and he sighs. "Yeah... I figured you would say that." He said before he stood up, looking down at her, he hesitated for a moment.

"If it were me, I'd choose you in a heartbeat..." He says and she looks up at him right away, her heartbeat quickening too like his as she stared up at him before he walked away. He thinks of what Kie said the way back to the Chateau where the other guys shut up and shush each other before he walks in.

"What'd she say?" John B asked, brushing his hair back and he sighs, plopping down at a chair. "That you're gonna have to choose." He says as he crossed his arms. "It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie." JJ said as he opened up the fridge to grab himself a beer as well while Pope hums in agreement with the blond. "Look, I can't make a decision." John B says.

"So, what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ looked over at him as Jake sighs, glancing around. "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it." He said as he sat up and Pope came to where he was to hand him a water which he takes.

"And I can't do it without Sarah." John B looks at him and Jake scrunched up his face. "Okay? They both have to be in on it." He explained as he glanced around at them. "Well, good luck with that." Pope walks to the fridge and opened the freezer. "You know what? I know this was my fault, alright? But it's our problem." John B explains, walking away. "I've got a plan. And you two shitheads and Jake are gonna help me out." He says and Jake smiles as he wasn't added to the shithead part with JJ and Pope. "Wait, what plan?" He suddenly asked.

The plan was apparently locking Sarah onto a boat which they then will strand Kiara on, leaving them all alone afterwards. Pope was in charge of picking up Kie where as Jake wanted no part of lying to Sarah or Kie so John B gave him the part of having to take out parts from the engine so he took out the plugs from the alternator, pocketing them quickly.

Kie walked in just as he walked out and nodded to her, walking over to where the boat was by the bigger boat they were on. She asked them what happened as he got aboard the HMS Pogue and sighed, sitting down behind Pope who drove away from the other boat before John B and JJ came running and jumping off.

"Let's go, let's go," Pope tells them as Jake glanced behind him. "Sayonara!" JJ shouted. Kie and Sarah then shout at them. "Guys!" Kie shouted as Sarah joined her. "Are you serious? Are you joking?" She shouts.

"Get your asses back here!" Kie shouted as JJ and John B climb aboard the HMS Pogue. "We can't. Not till you two figure it out." John B shouted back to the pair. "I will kill every single one of you! Even you, Jake!" Kie shouted and Jake glanced back, grimacing. "Y-You can't just leave!" Sarah shouted after.

"There's food in the cabin, and JJ rolled a blunt." Pope raised his thumbs up. "Hydroponic!" JJ raised his hand in an okay gesture. The two girls  began getting undressed as the boys drove off. "Godspeed." Pope shouts and Sarah jumps off.

"Wait! John B, you asshole!"

"Love you, guys! Bye!"

A.N.
when sarah told kie to pee on her 😭 LMAO