II. I'm Here Bree.

THE NEXT morning, Jake had to take his daughter over to his grandma's where he gave a kiss to Evie then his grandma. "Bye. Have a good day, sweetheart." She waved as he exits the house, shutting the door gently before smiling at the sight of Kiara's vehicle.

"Hey." He says, opening the car door and hopping in. "Hey." She greets him and he glanced behind to see JJ and Pope sitting together in the backseat. "Why... did you guys clear the spot for me in the front?" He asked as he squinted his eyes at the two.

"Because you always sit in the front... why is today any different?" Pope asked and Jake nods, turning back around. "Fair point..." He says as Kie switched the gear to drive, heading off to their school. The drive was in silence but Jake kept hearing someone drinking something from the backseat so he kept looking back, to which JJ would just smile innocently.

When their school came into view, Jake sort of grimaced. Kildare County High School. He stared at the building all of the people before glancing over at Kie who's staring straight ahead, looking for a parking spot. In the corner of his eye, he spots JJ drink something so he quickly looked back and the blond boy instantly tried to hide his flask. "JJ, seriously? We're on our way to school. We're literally already here too." Jake said and JJ just looks away, looking like a child being scolded.

The car stops, the four got out of the car and Kie looks at JJ. "Hey, chill out." She says when he tosses the now empty flask into the car. "If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ replied as Pope and Jake came to walk on the other side of Kie. "That's not funny." Kiara says.

"Hey, it's them." Someone said in the area, pointing at them. "There they are." Another one said discreetly, glancing at them and looking away. "I wasn't sure they'd even show up." Some guy said and Kie sighs. "I heard they got arrested." Jake just glanced around, feeling uncomfortable with all the stares and the gossiping about the four of them.

It just continued as they approached the rock with a surfboard against it with John Booker Routledge on it and a crap ton of stuff like pictures, notes and gifts. "I feel like people are staring at us." Kie said as she looks around and Jake glanced back at her while JJ looked around. "Oh, yeah." The blond says.

"Guys, I can't be late." Pope tried to walk away but Kie looks at him. "Hey, hey," she stops him and he turns to her. "We gotta stick together." She says and then looked back at Jake. "Come on, loverboy." She held out his hand and he just stepped closer, grabbing her hand. Kie grabs Pope's arm, linking them with hers and JJ is about to brush past them but Jake grabs his arm, putting his own arm around JJ's shoulders before they head inside together.

They arrived to class together and Pope and JJ took their seats at two seats in the second row as Kie pointed. "Let's sit over there." She said, meaning the two empty seats in the fourth row. "Yeah, sure..." Jake says, still holding hands with Kie and following after her.

Jake was barely paying attention, writing down scribbles but also listening to their teacher when suddenly four phones went off, buzzing and beeping, catching their teacher's attention who turns to the class. "Whose phone was that? Nobody?" He asked when no one spoke up and Kie glanced at Jake who looked at her, looking confused as he pats his phone.

"You will be tested. Now, to recap, who was Diocletian?" Their teacher carries on, turning away so then Jake finally gets to check his phone, seeing an unknown number sent him a text so he looks over at Kie. "Did you get it?" He whispers and she nodded, glancing back at him before they look over to the other two boys who glanced back at them.

Pope and JJ then discreetly got out of their seats and Jake looks at their teacher immediately as the two crouch and speedily make their way to stand between Jake and Kie's desks, raising their phones. All four phones are lined up and there it was, a photo of John B and Sarah. "Oh, my God." Kie says quietly and JJ then suddenly got up, going towards the classroom door.

Kie and Jake follow after, their hands finding each other as they headed out the classroom, Kie saying it was a family emergency and Jake said he was gonna help out as Pope raised his hand and asked to be excused to "help them in the bathroom." Whatever that meant.

"We can go to the courtyard." Kie said as she and Jake were walking behind JJ who trips. "God!" He tipped over the mop bucket and the janitor looks at them. "Hey!" He said as Pope quickly helped JJ get up. "Where do you think you're going?" The janitor asked as Jake basically dragged Kie along, chuckling and telling her and the two boys to hurry.

They got to the door which Jake opened for Kie, "I mean, is that even possible?" She asked as she walked around him and he basically lets go of the door then to walk behind her so it kind of hits Pope. "I mean, Shoupe said that they didn't make it. He said that." She said as they walk to the tables nearby the other door. "Okay, but I think we're overreacting, 'cause we can't rule out the possibility that this could all be some kind of weird, cruel hoax." Pope says.

"I'm just gonna ask." Kie said as she and Jake sat side by side on top of the picnic table. "What if it's actually him, though?" Jake said as he glanced around at the other three. "Then I don't know, okay? I don't know." Pope said as Jake looks at Kie's phone as she typed a message back to the unknown number.

She bounces her leg and bites her thumb nail, looking at Jake who's staring at her phone before finally looking back at her. "He responded?" Pope asked and Jake glanced up. "He's typing." He says and Kie looks up at them. "He's typing." She repeated Jake, looking at Pope then JJ before finally looking at Jake.

JJ and Pope also look at their phones as their phones go off and Jake just looks through Kie's phone in her hands. Is JJ there? The text said so Jake and Kie both glance over at the blond boy who replied. I'm here Bree, he sent and then John B was typing again.

Did you pimp my short board? John B's response makes JJ chuckle and Kie laugh as Jake grins widely. "It's him." JJ confirms, looking over at Pope. "It's him." Kie looked at Jake who just smiled, bringing his hand up to her face. "It's definitely him." Pope said as JJ then hugs him tightly, laughing together.

Kie smiles as Jake brushed his thumb lovingly against her cheek. "Come on, bring it in." JJ said to the pair and embraced them both. Jake chuckled softly, hugging the blond and his girlfriend back just as tightly.

"Yeah!" JJ then shouts out of excitement before he sat onto the ledge. "Laying super low in Nassau." Kie read aloud the next text John B sent and Jake looks at Pope. "How did they get to the Bahamas?" He asked and Pope looks up at him, also unsure. "You can't kill a Pogue, dude." JJ looks at Pope, smiling. "Especially John B." Pope added and JJ chuckled as another text came through.

Can you clear my name? Wanna come home. "Hell, yeah, we'll clear your name, boy." JJ says and Jake looks at the next message from Kie's phone in her hands. "Be in touch. P4L." He says, smiling at the others. "P4L, man. That's what I'm talking about!" JJ exclaimed as he got up onto the table they're sitting on.

"P4L, baby!" He shouted as both Kie and Jake got off the table, standing up. "Holy shit, dude." Kie said as they all laughed and Jake couldn't help himself as he brings his hands up to Kie's face again and wiped her tears gently. She then brings him into a hug, gesturing JJ and Pope to join, which they did, the four just standing there, holding one another tightly.

A.N.
ward trying to play victim in the next scene after this one ✋🙄 anyways i'm really trying my best to be somewhat consistent with my updates, it might be difficult bc i got a job :)