XXVI. Sit And Talk.

WHEN THE vehicle stops in front of his house, Olivia quickly reached over and grabbed his arm. "Hey," she said and he turned just to look at her, waiting for a response. "You... you know you can talk to me." She offers, then gave the boy a small smile.

"Olivia... I'm gonna be real honest with you," he began and she got hopeful, a spark lighting in her eyes as she perked up, listening. "You're the last person I'd talk to about any of the things I'm dealing with right now." He said, then he got out, "thanks for the ride anyway." He adds then closed the door, walking away.

When he walked into his grandma's house, he went to the guest bedroom to see his grandma laying on the bed, reading a book while Evie was asleep next to her with a pillow on the other side of the baby. He smiles, watching the two as his grandma kept glancing at the baby girl next to her. He walked over to the kitchen next and decided to have some tea.

It was probably later that day, after Evie had woken up from her nap and his grandma fed her again, that Jake sighed and looked over. "Grandma?" He called to the woman who smiled, "of course I can watch her, Jake." She looked over and he chuckles kind of softly, walking over to her at the table. He leaned down and hugged her tightly.

"What's this for?" She laughs, kind of taken back and he went to sit next to her. "Just... everything. I mean, you're a great mom... you kept my mom's secret even though you felt like it was better for me to know. And the fact that you were so young when you had mom, and didn't get mad at her for having me. And... also didn't get mad at me either. The fact you helped both of us too..." He says and she smiles, looking away. "Who said I wasn't mad?" She asked but her tone was playful.

"Thank you... for everything."

Later that evening, Jake arrived to the Chateau to find his friends playing drinking games, laughing and having fun. "Hey," he said when he walked in. "Jake!" JJ rushed over to his side and swung an arm around his shoulders, "here, have a beer!" He handed it over as Kie just watched the pair, sipping her beer.

"Thanks, man." Jake laughed and JJ went back to playing the game with John B and Pope. The Lennox looked at the Carrera, nodding his head to the side a bit. Kie got the hint and walked over to Jake, rolling her eyes at how the other three boys immediately notice and begin being all childish about it.

She had a million worries, that maybe he was changing his mind about them and stuff, walking behind him onto the front porch, when he turned around and pulled her into a hug. She's taken back a bit, but hugged him. "Is everything okay?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah... yeah, just wanted to see you." He whispered and she slowly leaned back, looking up at him. He closed the gap between them to plant a kiss on her lips, so she kissed back right away, cupping his face in her hands.

"Are you okay?" She asked quietly and he just nods, staring into her eyes. "I am..." He says and she smiled, staring back into his eyes. His beautiful hazel eyes. "Can we sit and talk?" He asks and she nods quickly. "Yeah. Of course." She says. The two now sit side by side on the couch on the front porch, the girl staring at him as he looked over at her.

"A lot... has been going on so much lately I feel like last time we spoke, I didn't really... mention everything." He says and she just slowly nods, a bit concerned what he meant. "Olivia... didn't just agree to shared custody. She said she only threatened full custody because she was jealous. About you. Because she loves me. Or something." He explained and she just slowly blinked, staring at him.

"So... you wanna leave me and be with her?" She then asked and he laughed. "No, no, of course not, Kie... I really like you. And... she broke my heart, no matter what explanation she had, I don't... feel the way I did with her anymore and she really hurt me, and broke my trust. I wanna be with you." He says, grabbing her hand and she just glanced away.

"So, why are you telling me?" She says quietly and he just furrows his brows. "Because... I lied?" He says and she shrugs. "It's okay. I mean, it wasn't important information. At least you aren't leaving me for her." She says and he laughs, glancing down. "There's... there's also the fact... my mom sorta told me a big secret. Well, kind of a secret." He adds.

"What is it?" She asked worriedly and he looks up at her. "My dad is the owner of the Yukimura Autoshop." He said and she raised her brows. "Wait, you're Asian?" She said and he laughed, then leaned in, kissing her quickly. "I made the same joke to my mom." He says and she giggled, just staring at him.

"So, what happened? Did you meet him?" She asked and he shook his head. "I went there. Saw him. Some lady kissed him. I left. Kind of just... ran away." He explains. "I mean, the only part of any of it is that my mom kept it from me for so long. It would have at least been nice for me to get to know my dad. Instead of thinking he didn't wanna be in my life and left to live God-knows-where, only to find out he's been on the other side of the island the whole entire time of my life." He says, sighing as he turned his head away and Kie nods.

"Yeah... that--that sucks." She says and he looks up at her. "Are you okay? I mean, do you wanna talk about it? The stuff with your parents?" He asked, putting his hand onto her own hand and she just shook her head, looking away. "No... I'm okay. It's all okay." She says quietly and he just stared at her.

She's always there, talking and helping others, but never accepts help or wants to talk. She looked up, kind of smiling faintly, "I'm okay. Really..." She said, almost as if she can sense the worry coming off of him and he looks away. "Sorry. My brain just... always has this instinct to protect people." He explained and she chuckles. "Because you're a dad." She said and he just nods slowly. "Yeah." He says quietly and she scooted closer to him.

She put her head to his shoulder and sighed, "can I come stay with you tonight?" She asked quietly and he hums. "Yeah?" He asks and she nods right away, smiling softly. "I feel like... we haven't done something like that in a while and I always like it at yours." She says and he glanced away, nodding. "Yeah, of course, but, uh, I'm sort of staying at my grandma's at the moment." He then explains.

"I'll still come... if that's okay with you."

authors note
I decided to write that jake tells her about olivia bc.... of other plans i have for this fic

+ yesterday i literally got so busy with friends and hanging out with them that i completely forgot to update this lmao also idk why i bothered promoting my tiktok when they started muting editors' videos 💀 so whatever i probably won't post the edits or maybe make an instagram account to post them on bc i had so many drafts about this fic