XI. South America.

ON THE plane, Kie had taken off the Kitty Hawk sweater she'd been wearing and Jake was no longer wearing the black long sleeve shirt but rather a button up shirt over a tanktop, showing Kiara a map he'd gotten from Barracuda Mike. "We're gonna be landing about a couple hours out of Tres Rocas, at a farm. It's right here." He tells Kie, pointing to where Mike showed him on the map.

"A couple of hours?" Kie looks at Jake who nods. "Yeah... but Barracuda Mike says there's a bus into town we should be able to catch, so..." He shrugged, folding the map back up. "Jay, what if they're not there?" Kie asked, looking at him and Jake scrunched up his nose a bit. "JJ told me they left without us, but hey, if they're not there, then free vacation." He smiles and Kie just smiled back right away.

Once they landed, Kie was in a different outfit now after asking Barracuda Mike where she could get changed. "I wish JJ would have at least told us what kind of... travelling business this was first before sending us onto this plane." Jake says, walking up to Kie who was watching the men unloading the trucks and loading up the big cargo plane with the drugs.

"Is that our bus?" Kie pointed and Jake quickly looked over. "Oh, hey, Barracuda Mike, is that the bus to Tres Rocas right there?" He pointed and the man looked over before looking at him. "It is. Hey, tell JJ that he and I have a deal, alright?" He asked and Jake just nodded. "Yeah. I'll be sure to remind him." He then turned to Kie, holding out his hand to her.

"Hey, word of advice, Lennox. This isn't Kildare. Try and lay low." The man called out to him so Jake just nodded his head before turning back around. "What deal with JJ is he talking about?" Kie asked and Jake shrugs. "I don't know..." He merely replies with.

On the bus ride, the two were talking to a local who shows them a map. "So, right here, you have Tesoro. Up here, Orinoco, right? They say up here, El Dorado." He says as Jake looks at the man. "Who says?" He asks him right away. "All the world." The man says, shrugging his shoulders a bit sheepishly.

"If all the world says it, why hasn't it been found?" Kiara asked him next. "Some people say it doesn't exist. Some people say it's hidden, and only one very special person can find it." He says and Jake just furrows his brows, glancing at Kie. "But most people say it's maldito." The man added on, looking away.

"Maldito?" Kie asked, looking at the man. "Cursed. Over the years, people that go up, they don't come back down." He says, turning away from the two teenagers and Jake just looked down, growing nervous. He looks over at Kie who looks back at him, putting her hand onto his knee. He just smiles, putting his hand over hers, interlocking their fingers as she rubs the back of his hand with her thumb.

On the bus ride to Tres Rocas, Kie and Jake kept holding hands, the Carrera girl now glancing over at him, "what about Evie?" She asked her and the Lennox quickly looks at her. "My grandma and mom are taking care of her for me... For now, until I get back." He explained quietly, rubbing her thumb gently with his and she nods, still staring at him.

"What?" He said and she just smiled softly. "Just realizing how lucky I am... because ever since we got stranded on the island, without you, I've just been self-loathing, thinking I lost you." She said and he raised his hand now, gently touching the side of her face. "You'd never lose me, Kiara." He says softly and she just smiled even wider. "I'm still so sorry. For everything." She says, glancing down.

"Everything", that "everything" was just the way she reacted, the way she behaved towards him, that "moment" she shared with JJ, all the emotions she'd been going through, with everything that was happening. He wasn't even mad anymore, now that he'd thought of it from her perspective. He just softly rubs his thumb over her cheekbone, smiling faintly.