I. The Kook's Fault.

JAKE WAS back to his usual routine, work, take care of Evie, go to sleep or either take care of Evie then work then sleep. But something new was added. Kie was always around, hanging out with him and sometimes his mom would make them go out, that she'd watch Evie. It was very normal... at first.

Until one evening when they were hanging out on the HMS Pogue, Kie kissed Jake suddenly. He kissed back, of course, why wouldn't he? It's Kiara. But then he decided it'd be the perfect time for them to have a little talk.

He explained how he really liked her, and she confessed she liked him a lot too. It ended up with them making out and holding each other but then he pulled back. "Okay, but, uh, seriously, though... Can, um, we maybe take it slow?" He asked with his hand on her back and she nodded right away, smiling at him.

"Of course... I understand."

And so they took it slow. They hung out a lot, either alone or with the guys. Mostly alone however, one evening, they were in Jake's room where they laid in bed while Evie was peacefully sleeping in her crib. "The guys wanna get together tomorrow..." Kie whispers to Jake who nods softly, holding her hand.

"We're gonna do something nice for John B and Sarah." She says and he just nods, turning his head to look at her. The moment their eyes meet, Kie's face turns red a bit and Jake just smiles softly. "I-I'm glad we're taking things slow." He says quietly to her.

"Yeah, me too..."

The next day at the Chateau, the four stood together as Pope chopped away some of the wood from the tree and JJ heats up a metal tool he then used to write John B's name and then the year he was born and this year. "To John B." Jake raised his beer can.

"And to Sarah." Kie says as JJ also raised a drink which was just a straight up flask filled with hard liquor. The boys took sips from their drinks and then Kie closed the box in her hands before she kneeled down, setting it into the hole in the ground. She sets a flower on top of the box befor they then bury it with the soil.

They drank together for a while and then Kie grabbed Jake's arm. "Can we go to yours?" She whispered to him and he nods the instantly, glancing over at the other two who were still drinking some beer together.

The next few weeks before the school year began, Jake was sort of dreading it. Back to school sort of equaled that he'd spend 8 am to 3 pm at school, then have a shift at his part time job afterwards then be able to spend time with Evie in the evenings and night.

At work, he was picking up empty plates and cups when he heard JJ yell at a couple Kooks so he looked over right away. "Can I have everybody's attention, please? I have a little announcement to make!" He says, hitting his cup with a fork. "My best friend, John B, did not kill Sheriff Peterkin!" He exclaims.

"Rafe Cameron killed and shot the sheriff in cold blood!" He said and Jake immediately set down the tray he was holding to walk over to the blond. "JJ," he grabs his shoulder but JJ shoves him off. "Wow." Kelce says. "Is that so hard for you to believe, Kelce?" JJ asked.

"You know, it is actually hard for me to believe because it's always the... the Kook's fault. It's never the Pogue's fault." He got up in his face as Jake tried to keep them apart but then JJ splashed water in Kelce's face. "JJ!" Jake said and the two start fighting so Topper tries to pull Kelce back and Jake tries to pull JJ back. "It's not worth it, JJ!" Jake says.

"JJ!" A man shouted when the fight stops. "Yeah, I know, Raz. I know. I'm fired." JJ takes off his apron, shoving it onto the man and Jake sighs. "JJ," he says about to follow him. "You'll be fired too." Raz warned Jake who sighed, watching JJ walk off. He watched the blond leave before turning back around.

After work, he got home and made sure to send a text to JJ asking if he was okay. He sighs as he laid in bed, opening his messages with Kie next right as she texted him. Hi :) how was work? He smiles widely, replying almost right away and explaining she was on his mind and about to text her as well. He blushes when she sends back a flirty response to him.

They spent about half an hour texting when she suddenly brought up school, how they were starting Junior year without John B. He sighs, glancing away as he thinks of a way to reply. He ends up asking her if she wants to hang out so he just panicked but thankfully she said yes. They meet near the Wreck and he smiles, walking up to her. "Hey..." She says as she smiles back. "Hey..." He says.

They ended up hanging out for a while at the beach where they talked for hours and just sat together. He looks at her, putting his head on top of his arms and she looks back at him, smiling. Her eyes are a little bloodshot because she had smoked a joint she got from JJ.

"You're pretty in the moonlight..." He says suddenly and she just rolls her eyes, smiling as she looks away. "Whatever, Jake." She says, chuckling softly and he just keeps staring at her. "No, I'm serious. I don't think I've ever said it... but you're really pretty. Like all the time, Kie." He says and she looks over at him.

She's smiling softly before she leaned over, kissing him gently. He lifts his head, kissing her back as his hand cups her face. As their kiss deepens, Kie's arms go around Jake's neck and his other hand goes to her back, resting on the small of her back. She pulls back, breathing softly against his lips and he keeps their faces close together, with his eyes on her lips.

"I really like you, Kie." He murmured to her and she just blushed. "I--I really like you too, Jake." She says as she pulls back a bit, keeping him at arms length with her hands clasped together behind his neck. "Wanna walk me home?" She stood up and he couldn't exactly say no as he stood up immediately. "Of course."

The two walked hand in hand, all the way to Kie's place. Honestly, both of them felt like little middle schoolers who just began to date, never even had a first kiss, but Jake felt comfortable with taking things slow and Kie didn't mind it at all, considering his last relationship.

At her front door step, she turned to him, smiling, "I'll see you tomorrow?" She says. "Of course." He nods before stepping closer and she smiles wider, stepping closer to him too. But he just hugged her, his arms around her waist as he pulls her into his chest. She hugs the boy back right away, her smile fading but not completely as she blushed.

The first second he begins to pull back, Kie grabs his face, stopping him and he looks down at her, smiling coyly. "What?" He says and she just giggles. "You forgot something." She said before leaning up to give him a good night kiss. He kissed back right away, his hands resting on her hips before pulling away.

"Right. How could I forget?" He said before leaning back in to kiss him. She kissed him back deeply, wrapping her arms around his neck as he wraps his around her waist. "I should really head home now," he mumbled against her lips and she hums, shaking her head in response before giving his lips a peck.

"No, just stay with me forever." She mumbled and giggled after as he pulled back. "I'd love to more than anything... but I should go home." He groans, letting her go slowly and she sighs, bringing her hands at the side of her body, keeping them to herself. "Goodnight, Jake." She says, grinning widely and he smiles back at her, slowly backing away.

"Goodnight, Kie..."

A.N.
i love season 2, especially writing for it 🫶 there's just sm going on in it 😭