XXIX. Warehouse.

THE NEXT day, Jake arrived to the Chateau where they got together everything for the plan Pope very thoroughly came up with. "You wanna help?" John B asked Pope who immediately looks back at him and Jake.

Jake followed where he had been looking and it was at Kie in the van who was sitting with Sarah, looking at the drawing Pope made. "Yeah." Pope said and Jake looks up at him. "So, we get this boat winch out, bring it down to the basement, drill it to the floor. We lower you down and get as much as we can. And, uh... this time we don't drop you." Pope says, glancing at Jake who just looked back at him, raising his brows. "Yeah. My bad." He says.

"That'd be great." John B says, patting Jake's arm as the boy glanced at him. Next step was for Kie to melt down all the gold so they can get rid of the wheat symbol on it, which she tried her best at doing but it was all deformed.

They arrive to the pawn shop where John B parked the van and JJ got out first. "Hell of a job melting it down, Dr. Frankenstein." He says to Kie who followed after him. "Like you could've done any better." She says as Jake got out and Pope follows behind him, shutting the door behind him. "I could have done much better. I took a wielding class." JJ tells her and she looks at him right away.

"When? When?" She asked as Jake looked between them. "Guys. Stop being childish." He says making Kie look at him. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one who has to pawn this piece of shit off." JJ raised the gold all melted together. "How did I get this job anyway?" He asked, looking away.

"Because you're the best liar."

They all head inside where JJ greets the woman at the front counter. "I see you buy gold." He says and she looks at him. "That's what the sign say, don't it?" She asked him sassily as Jake walks around, looking at stuff around the shop while JJ showed the worker the gold that made her laugh and say it isn't real. "Ooh! The acid test. My favourite, guys." JJ says and Jake scofs softly, rolling his eyes.

JJ came up with a lie about his mom having Alzheimer's making Kie look at Jake with a scrunched up face. "Alzheimer's?" She whispers as the woman walked to the other room and Pope went over to where JJ is.

While JJ negotiated the price for the gold, Jake walked over to stand beside Pope as Kie came to stand next to them. "I'm gonna need that in large denominations, please." The blond boy tells the woman. "Well, here's the snag. I don't have that much denominated, not here anyway. I can write you a cashier's check." She tells him as Jake glanced betwen the two.

"Cash... no, ma'am. I want the cold hard. That's what that sign says. Cash for gold. And that's what I expect." He said as he pointed at the sign, "and I'm gonna get it in cold hard." He says, persistent on getting cash.

"Well, I have to send you to the warehouse. I have the money there. Is that alright?" She asked him and there's a small pause. "Where's this warehouse?" JJ asked her and after they get the directions, they were on their way.

On the drive to there, Pope and Jake kept looking out the windows. "So they keep money out here?" Pope asked and Jake looks over at JJ. "That's what she said." He says then he chuckled, looking at Jake and Pope. "That's what she said." He finds it funny.

"Stop." Pope says right away making JJ slowly look away, his smile fading. "I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah said as she looked back at the three boys and Kie. "That's 'cause you're rich." JJ tells the Kook and Jake rolls his eyes. "You've never heard of it either." Kie says and Sarah thanks her for defending her as JJ glanced at the blonde.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kie said when she looked out the window on Jake's side. "Altight, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ paused, looking out his windows as sirens went off behind them.