Chapter 1

Snow Peas Stuffed with Shrimp Paste

When the three names, "Qiang Qing Ci," "Jue Mei Sha Yi," and "Feng Ya Song" ended up actually being used in all the promotional work, Geng Xiaoxing's dauntless perseverance and determination in getting Wanmei's top three names, especially "Qiang Qing Ci," had Gu Sheng in complete reverence.

Then, Gu Sheng heard the real reason and finally understand that the girl was just a lucky devil.

Wanmei's anniversary celebration and Geng Xiaoxing's website's anniversary celebration coincidentally happened to fall on the same day. Wanmei's anniversary celebration was a huge event. All of their CVs[1] would make an appearance, regardless of whether they were an old or new artiste with the group, and would participate in the program. Supposedly, Qiang Qing Ci had heard there would be a few cover singers of ancient style songs present, so he suggested doing a storyline song[2] and including a video and radio drama to go with it. When Gu Sheng heard this news, her heart stopped beating for several seconds. If Qiang Qing Ci could deliver the spoken lines, she could not even imagine how much better the storyline song would be.

As an amateur cover singer, this was a great temptation.

However, while she was still letting her imagination roam, Geng Xiaoxing very inconsiderately added, the person speaking the monologue for the storyline song was not him but rather, Wanmei's boss and leader, Jue Mei Sha Yi [Perfectly Beautiful Killing Intent]. Only then did Gu Sheng calm down slightly.

But, Jue Mei Sha Yi also had an extremely captivating voice!

If one was to disregard personal preferences and taste, he and Qiang Qing Ci could evenly divide and share the CV world. Unfortunately, Jue Mei was too easily approachable, making Qiang Qing Ci's low profile approach actually the greatest part of his appeal.

Since she had several small things to take care of at home lately, Gu Sheng was not living on campus at the moment. As a result, she was late by a full half an hour for the first planning meeting at eight o'clock that evening. Fortunately, her part did not require her to worry at all. They had someone for directing, planning, writing lyrics, marketing... Basically anything that might required, they had it fulfilled. In these early stages, she was there purely for the sake of it.

When she entered the room, she could hear one of the three big names, Feng Ya Song [Elegant Ode], speaking. His voice had a natural laughter in it. "As for me, my time is the most free. Jue Mei and Qiang Qing Ci are the hard ones to gauge."

"Me?" Jue Mei answered. "I'm don't have much time for 'PIA-ing script[3]'. Should be no problem if I just record my lines myself."

"Don't you have the lines in the storyline song?"

"Lines?" Jue Mei seemed puzzled. "Who's singing?"

"This..." Geng Xiaoxing's voice was surprisingly soft and girly. "We have several candidates, but a decision hasn't been made yet."

Gu Sheng was tidying her desk while she listened to Geng Xiaoxing speak.

She was mildly suspicious about Geng Xiaoxing's tone of voice. What was going on with that kid? Where was her usual domineering and aggressive quality?

She had not turned on her microphone and merely listened in as everyone discussed.

The whole time, she did not hear Qiang Qing Ci's voice amongst them. Well, DaRen[4] should be really busy. He probably left for a moment.

"Someone just arrived?"

All of a sudden, a voice spoke in a low, unhurried tone. It was a little unclear and muffled, as if eating something. But it was precisely that indistinct quality that made it overwhelmingly delightful and melted the soul.