Chapter 37

Floured Beef Steamed in a Cup (7)

Oh gawd!......

Gu Sheng abruptly leapt up from the bed onto her feet, nearly bursting into tears. Why was Jue Mei here, ah?!!!!

More than a dozen strands of hair all snapped. All that hard work just now was basically... wasted. Mo Qingcheng wanted to laugh but coughed several times instead. In a weary and somewhat resigned voice, he answered, "If you want to help us close the door, go ahead, but first turn on the lights for us."

A hand reached into the room, felt along the wall, and found the light switch.

With a click, the entire room was illuminated.

Jue Mei finally stuck his head into the room and nosily gave a couple of glances around. The male and female stars of the show, one was still coughing lightly and the other was standing there with her head down looking like she had stolen a hundred chickens, but there otherwise didn't seem to be anything... unusual going on with them? He grinned apologetically, "Please forgive the imagination of someone who does voice acting... For example, 'That hurt? Mm... Don't move if it hurts...' and other dialogue like that." He cleared his throat. "You get what I mean, Toupai DaRen."

"You're done playing your video games?"

"Almost. Hungry... Wanted to come out and dig up something to eat. Otherwise, I wouldn't dare disturb you guys."

He had been here the whole time?

Jue Mei had been home the whole time?!

Gu Sheng stared incredulously at Toupai. Toupai seemed to know what she wanted to ask, and in a hoarse voice, he explained, "When you first got here, I sent him a message telling him to hang out in his own room and not come out to wander around so you wouldn't feel awkward or uncomfortable."

......

......

Now I feel even more awkward, you know? ...

Gu Sheng felt she could not stand like this beside him any longer, letting that tall, strapping man at the doorway watch them like a spectator. Rolling up her sleeves, she started heading towards the kitchen, murmuring as if to herself, "We'll have rice porridge tonight, okay? You should have uncooked rice in your home, right? And I'll make some lighter dishes..."

She did not get to finish what she was saying.

The person leaning back in bed gently spoke up his objection. "I want to eat floured beef steamed in a cup tonight."

Gu Sheng turned back to look blankly at him. Weren't sick people supposed to eat lighter?

"Okay?" He... he intentionally changed his voice again. He used one that was instantly able to completely do her in to softly ask her if it was okay... Gu Sheng took a quick breather to overcome the side of her that had completely surrendered to him. Hardening her heart, she refused him. "Another day, okay? You have a fever today..."

"The ingredients are all ready and in the fridge," he said, already lifting off the covers and getting off the bed. He slipped his bare feet into a pair of slippers. "The fever seems to have gone down a bit right now. I'll go make it for you guys."

......

......

Staring at him there in his short-sleeve shirt, she had an urge to bury him inside his blankets. How could she bear to let him go to the kitchen to cook?

Gu Sheng's gaze flitted all around. Feeling especially helpless, she tried one more time to convince this man who, when he stood up, was a full head taller than her. "You need to eat lighter foods when you have a fever... You're a doctor yourself..."