Chapter 51

Coconut Rice (4)

Fortunately, next day's activities were very simple, just open water fishing and snorkeling.

That was, aside from the fact that the sun was a little too intense and shining so brightly that you could not even really open your eyes, and you felt a little like you were being tormented.

Their tour group consisted of two boats and their party alone occupied an entire boat. They each received some simple fishing line from the captain. At first, they had thought it would be just like the movies where they would be using a deep sea fishing rod and stylishly casting their lines out a dozen or so metres, but in fact, what they got was just a very, very long fishing line wound around a bottle ╮(╯▽╰)╭.

Cousin had become well-acquainted with all of them by now and had begun mocking and jesting around with them already. He did not really comprehend how awesome all these big name experts, who had long since been given godly status in the 2-D world, truly were, treating them as ordinary friends and, later, even very enthusiastically discussing "Sword 3 Online" with them. In contrast, the whole trip, Dong Yiru was unable to relax in front of her biggest idol ever, Qiang Qing Ci, and her cosplayer idol, Mu Mu, and had an expression on her face that looked completely as if there was too much gossip here for her to digest...

Everybody was sitting on the wooden benches on either side of the boat. With lifejackets on and their feet immersed in the ocean water, they languidly jiggled their fishing lines.

Gu Sheng and Toupai were sitting at the stern of the boat. She gripped her bottle in her hands, and after a short while, she felt something tug on her line. "I think I might have gotten a bite on the line."

"Do you feel anything?" He glanced at the fishing line in her hand. Sure enough, it was taut.

"Mm-hmm..."

In a split second, her face reddened.

That afternoon, he had asked her this same question as well T.T. How come she suddenly thought about that?...

Mo Qingcheng did not notice anything and stretched out his hand to help her lure the fish. Over and over, he would tug, then release the line again. She gazed at the side profile of his face and those eyes that turned slightly upwards at the outer corners ... In just this short moment of inattention, the wind blew her straw sunhat off her head. Instinctively, she tried to grab at it, but missed. Wobbling unsteadily, she nearly fell into the ocean, but luckily, he grabbed onto her lifejacket with one hand. Only when her sunhat had landed in the ocean did she realize that her action just now had been very dangerous.

And she had caused that fish of hers to escape. Plus, the fishing line was now wrapped around her calf T.T ...

Gu Sheng pulled her feet up out of the water, stood up on where she had been sitting on the wooden bench, and began to unravel the fishing line. The thin line was wrapped several times around her leg and was even knotted in places, and, on top of that, the sunlight was so blinding. She was honestly having a very serious case of bad luck, ah...

"Don't tug on it. I'll untangle it for you." As he said this, his hand was already reaching over, but he had not fiddled with the line for very long when he let out a chuckle. "How come I'm always untangling something for you? For example, the first time was your hair, and the second time was still your hair. This time is pretty good, actually. You've changed it to be fishing line."

......

Why was her face growing hot again? ...

Gu Sheng, what are you thinking? How come your mind is always able to conjure up images that are for mature audiences only and not suitable for children? T.T ...