Chapter 38

Salt and Pepper Mushrooms (1)

Jue Mei lived up to being the leader of Wanmei. His ability to tease people was at a level equivalent to that of an old demon lord.

Her meal was eaten in a state of confusion and turmoil.

The steamed floured beef Mo Qingcheng had been longing for had only had half a bite taken out of it before a phone call came from the hospital saying there was a patient with myocardial infarction who needed surgery. She had to say, he was truly a work machine. He put his chopsticks down and immediately left.

She did not want to finish dinner sitting one-on-one with Jue Mei Sha, so she, too, put down her chopsticks and walked with him out of his community compound. Only later, when she got back to her school, did she realize that she had not had lunch and had only eaten a few bites at dinner before she had left. She was so hungry her stomach felt as if it was empty to the point that her chest was touching her back. At the main gates of her university, she bought a Shandong jian bing, and nibbling away at it, she headed back to her dormitory.

Jian bing

All of a sudden, someone from behind slapped her on the shoulder.

"I heard Jue Mei interrupted your bed scene today." Holding a jian bing as well, Geng Xiaoxing took a bite.

Gu Sheng nearly sprayed a mouthful of blood on her face...

"How about this? I'll give it a try, and if we think our ideas don't work with each other, we can terminate the contract at any time."

This was the reply she had mulled over for two weeks and had finally, in between the times she was organizing the library, given to Ling Long Ti Tou.

In this period when she was being fiercely criticized and denounced, the sudden news of her collaboration with Ling Long Ti Tou was certainly another huge piece of gossip. She surmised that... someone might say that Toupai had used his connections to create this opportunity and that was the reason why she had this chance.

As a result, she did not even accept the deposit, which was a standard practice, and said she would write the song first.

She stood on a small stepladder in the library, her hand tapping the books lightly, one after another as she worked her way along the row. Her mind was feeling restless as she pulled a book out and browsed through it, and her brain had already switched into a music-composing mode.

A melody was floating around in her head when a phone call from Toupai started ringing.

He was going to meet her for lunch today at her school, but it was still an hour before their arranged time? Gu Sheng picked up her mobile phone, glanced at her classmates who were working away nearby, and asked quietly, "I'm still at the library. You've arrived already?"

"Pretty lady." Inside her phone receiver, it turned out to be... Mo Bai's voice. "I begged Toupai for half an hour before he finally let me talk to you. Let me take a moment and cry first..."

......

Gu Sheng was somewhat embarrassed as well as a little confused.

He was bringing a troop of friends and relatives to have a date with her? ... Why was Mo Bai here?

"I'm here for a photo session at your school. You've heard of ?"

Hatsune Miku

"Uh-huh..." She remembered she had recorded covers of a few of Miku's songs.

"We need to take some group photos with fourteen Mikus, but one of the girls stood us up and hasn't arrived yet. There's also another girl who got sick. But I'm in a rush and need to get this out," Mo Bai explained as concisely as possible, worried that Toupai would not give him a chance to talk anymore. "Could you... do me a favour and sub in for one of them?"