Chapter 52

Coconut Rice (5)

On the day they left the island, they went to the airport at noon. While they were eating at the only Chinese restaurant there, the local guide who had been with them for four days unexpectedly pulled out a gift and presented it to Sheng Sheng, saying it was "a gift for the only newlywed couple in this tour group."

Gu Sheng right then was eating water spinach stir-fried with minced garlic to make up for her nutritional imbalance caused by the lack of green vegetables these last couple of days. So, when the gift was handed to her, everyone at the table was filled with mirth.

They had all come along with Toupai and Little Golden Master on their honeymoon?

Ah, so that's what it was.

And so, Gu Sheng spent the entire journey back to Shanghai embarrassed like this...

When they finally arrived in Shanghai, it was late in the night. Toupai drove her and Cousin to downstairs of Gu Sheng's home. While Cousin got out of the car to get the luggage, she wanted to say goodbye but suddenly felt she really did not want to part from him. This was the first time in all her life she had ever been this close with a boy before. She seemed to have already become completely accustomed to being able to see his face and hear his voice right before she slept or immediately after she woke up.

But... it seemed, everyone who was blissfully in love was like this, right?

Don't be so melodramatic, Sheng Sheng Man.

"I'm going now. Give me a call when you get home." She finally steeled herself and said her goodbye.

"Alright." Those gorgeous eyes looked right at her, and then he reached over and took her hand.

While she was still feeling downcast, he kissed her palm and said softly, "I suddenly feel Iike I don't want to let you leave."

...... Oh no, it was over for her.

That mood from just a moment ago of steeling herself to say farewell to him was utterly gone now.

His voice seemed like it was seeping into the very depths of her heart. She honestly could not make herself say goodbye now.

T.T ... Don't. Don't use that voice to speak to me anymore...

"Would you like me to go up with you? To see your dad and mom?" he unexpectedly asked.

She was given a shock by this, and her first reaction was to shake her head furiously. Pulling her hand back, she said, "Bye," and then, in passing, added a "Good night," before fleeing from the car. Only after she had raced back home, taken a hot shower, jumped into bed, and covered her head with her blankets was she finally able to breathe out in relief... But her heart also felt hollow. Had she just rejected Toupai again? ...

T.T ......

But, hearing "meet the parents" just felt so very frightening. Even though he had unofficially met her mother already, what he was proposing was clearly something very official. And she did not seem to be mentally prepared for this yet.

She probably just had not had enough time yet... But... She stuffed her hand under her pillow and pulled the entire soft bundle into her arms. But, they were already so close and intimate, with nearly nothing held back from one another. What if, in the future, they... parted ways?

She hugged her pillow tightly and straightaway filtered out this notion from her mind.

T.T Too horrible. Just thinking about those words made her feel miserable...

Was this that trap they called "worrying about losing the good thing one has"?

She fell asleep in this state of mind but did not sleep well because of the constant guilt that was weighing upon her for turning him down twice. She was not sure what time she slept to, probably when the sky was just starting to show the morning light, when she heard her mobile phone ringing from somewhere nearby. Feeling around for it, she found the lit-up phone, answered it, brought it to her ear, and said, "Hello."