Chapter 42

"Splendid" Rice with Pickled Vegetables and Pork (1)

After dinner, she pulled out some fruits from the refrigerator, washed any that required washing, cut them up, and stabbed some toothpicks into them. She handed a small plate of the prepared fruit to Jue Mei and then brought another large plate into Mo Qingcheng's room.

When Gu Sheng walked in, he was already sitting in front of his desktop computer and wearing his headset. Every time he put on his headset, he had a habit where he would only turn on a single desk lamp, as if this way he would be completely transported into a different world and be free from distraction.

The warm orange glow of the light cast his entire shadow onto the wall. Quiet, calm, and not troubled by anything.

He was honestly so handsome when he was wearing his headset, ah...

Gu Sheng stared at him in starry-eyed silence for a moment.

By now, Mo Qingcheng had noticed she had come inside the room. He tilted his head to the side to glance at her, then brought his index finger to his lips in a gesture that indicated she should remain quiet. She nodded and then noiselessly walked over, setting the plate down in front of him. Pointing at the fruit on the plate, she motioned to him that when he had the time, he should eat some.

He nodded.

Gu Sheng grabbed a strawberry off the plate and stuffed it into her mouth. Sitting down on the sofa behind him, she opened up his laptop, logged in with her alternate ID, and entered the YY room.

Tonight was the night that the final results of the voice acting competition were going to be announced. To put it frankly, this was basically the collective curtain call for all the winners, and they would give a final closing performance. These people, who had managed to ultimately triumph over everyone else, were no longer unknowns, and many had even become extremely popular now. In the previous rounds of the competition, they had been highlights, and now as they all gathered together, they were not simply highlights but a vast sky of shining stars.

And he, tonight, was part of the judging panel that was sitting in as spectators. However, as long as Qiang Qing Ci's ID merely hung there silently in the YY room, it was already sufficient.

In the room below, there were, of course, several thousand fans and the ten top-level administrators all accompanying him, making no noise and causing no disturbance, simply quietly accompanying and listening with him.

As for her...

As soon as she entered the 2-D world, she would immediately revert to the mindset she had as his hardcore fangirl.

Here before the ID, "Qiang Qing Ci," her heart would start to race and she would still be that Sheng Sheng Man ... This feeling ... was truly very remarkable.

Inside her headset, a girl, who was one of the twelve winners, was singing. As she listened, Gu Sheng pushed herself up on the armrest of the sofa and reached for the strawberries on the plate. Her hand crossed in front of him, and just as it touched one, he noticed her. With a smile, he picked out the biggest one on the plate and placed it in her hand.

Sticking her tongue out impishly, she retreated back into the sofa and continued munching.

When she had taken a couple bites, the girl had finished singing.

Her singing was truthfully quite good.

She silently gave her approval.

"Congratulations to our Jin Xiu Ru Hui [Beautiful As Ashes]," the hostess said with a smile in her voice before starting to move into the next segment of the program. "Well then..."