Chapter 40

Salt and Pepper Mushrooms (3)

After Mo Qingcheng finished saying this, he straightened and gestured to Gu Sheng to hurry to the restroom to remove her make-up and change. After all, it was still very cool in early spring. That remarkable feeling from just a moment ago was still lingering around the two of them, so much so that Gu Sheng dared not really look at him. However, as the two of them walked back up towards the top floor ands they could see in the distance their companions laughing and horsing around, she suddenly halted her steps.

"Mo Qingcheng..." Unexpectedly, she darted in front of him and turned around to face him.

He gave her a puzzled look.

She stared at him with 70% apprehensiveness... and 100% embarrassment.

He grew even more perplexed, a smile adorning the corner of his eyes and brows.

The most captivating thing about Gu Sheng was that all her emotions would, without any restraint, be completely displayed on her face and in her eyes. She was twenty-two years old now. How did she manage to be so open and authentic, yet get through life safe and sound without getting tricked or taken advantage of these last twenty-two years?

He could not hold back a faint smile.

Seeming to have worked up her determination, she stretched her hand out and gently wiped his lips.

He understood now, so he stood very quietly, looking down at her and letting her destroy all the evidence.

Once, twice ... Anyway, it took several swipes before his lips were completely clean.

The lipstick... was applied very thickly indeed...

"Is it clean now?" he asked in a low tone, his voice filled with mirth.

"Mm." Acting as if nothing had happened, she turned around and started walking again. With difficulty ... she kept moving forward. Even though she had wiped it clean herself, she still felt guiltily uneasy, fearing that there might still be something left on his lips...

"Sheng Sheng, you still haven't removed your make-up?" The make-up artist was standing in the hallway making casual conversation with someone when she saw her walking towards them. Immediately, she pulled out her make-up remover and facial cleansing milk and handed it to Gu Sheng. "How come so much of your lipstick is gone? Did you ingest it?"

......

"Huh? It's gone?" Gu Sheng used the back of her hand to wipe at her mouth, pretending to act nonchalant.

Mu Mu took a glance at her and then very professionally and sincerely advised, "That type of stuff isn't good for you to consume. Next time, try not to ingest so much."

......

Okay, people, could we stop discussing the topic about ingesting or not ingesting? T.T......

Everyone then took the topic from how the lipstick on Gu Sheng's lips managed to get eaten away, to ingesting lipstick was very bad for you, to some lipsticks were made from natural botanical materials and seemed safe to ingest... and finally to... in the future, they should develop a line of lipsticks called "Lovers' Lipstick" that was specifically designed to be ingested...

She was there in the restroom, rapidly removing her make-up with the aid of the make-up artist and listening through the wall while the topic expanded to this extent. Silently, she endured this, holding it all in until she was nearly going to die of internal injuries...

Mo Qingcheng seemed to be in a good mood.

Apart from when they had been out on the terrace taking photographs and he had been scowling, he was actually saying more than he normally did. However, that, too, was still limited to when he was talking with Mo Bai and Mu Mu... To everyone else, he was definitely someone who innately kept away from the female gender, someone who could only be observed from a distance with no chance of anyone getting close enough to start a conversation.