Specials

Weibo Random Scenes

So, these are just little scenes of Toupai, Sheng Sheng, and sometimes other characters that popped into Mo Bao Fei Bao's mind at one point in time. If it's not specified, you are not supposed to really try to figure where they fit in chronologically, whether Toupai and Sheng Sheng are married yet at that point, etc. The actual novel may not even honour these random scenes later, so don't think too much about them and just enjoy them.

If I know, I have written down the date of the Weibo post. Some of them, I haven't been able to find the original. Not sure if they were posted and then deleted later by Mo Bao Fei Bao, or I just was blind and missed them. I did not translate one because it was about a game in Weibo that I have absolutely no idea about. If I ever figure it out, I'll update this post with that one, too.

Scene 1
(August 19, 2013) The honeymoon. Toupai discovered that the local currency in his wallet was all used up. Sheng Sheng saw a sign saying "currency exchange", so she pulled out 400 RMB and walked over towards it. Standing in front of the shop were five or six women, but none of them paid any attention to her, even to the point that, when she asked them a question, they would take a step away. Toupai wrapped an arm around her and pulled her back. In a seductively low and tender voice, he told her, "In this country, people who stand in line underneath this type of sign will only provide services to male tourists..."

Scene 2
(August 19, 2013) The honeymoon. Sheng Sheng was sweating incessantly. "Why doesn't the hotel have any air conditioning?" Toupai was lying on his side beside her, one hand propping up his head. "This place is different from the one we were at a few days ago. They get little sun throughout the year and their summer is short, so the locals don't like to install air conditioning. They like to savour the summer heat." Sheng Sheng quietly marked an "X" on the map. She definitely needed to tell Geng Xiaoxing, if Jue Mei was like Toupai and was very "physically fit"... this place was not suitable for a honeymoon...

Scene 3
(August 19, 2013) The vacation where Toupai "settled" Sheng Sheng, on an island somewhere. Geng Xiaoxing was at a supermarket, and the cashier pointed to a poster behind her. She did not understand, so the person explained to her. She still did not understand. Jue Mei: "She's telling you to buy a frequent shopper's card. You get a discount all-year round." Geng Xiaoxing complained, "I'm just here on vacation......" She suddenly let out a squeal and exclaimed, "Have I gotten so tanned that I'm as dark as the locals here?!" Jue Mei cleared his throat. "It's okay. If any violent incident happens, you're safer than any of us."

Scene 4
(August 19, 2013) The vacation where Toupai "settled" Sheng Sheng, on an island somewhere. Mu Mu had just finished a shower and stepped out in only his underwear. The sliding door to the balcony was suddenly pulled open by Dou Dou Dou Bing. "...... AH!!!!" Mu Mu frowned. Dou Dou Dou Bing eyed him up and down several times. "I feel like I need to take responsibility for seeing you like this..." Mu Mu continued to frown and then yanked Mo Bai, who was still toweling himself dry and had not put on any clothing yet, from the washroom. "You've seen both of us now, so you don't have to take any responsibility..." Dou Dou Dou Bing shrieked and fled from there...

Scene 5
(August 21, 2013) There was a period when Gu Sheng had poor appetite. No matter what Qiang Qing Ci SAMA cooked, she would always have food left over. At last, SAMA finally gave a sigh and leaned over, his hands propping him up on the table, to tell her, "Most people who like to leave leftover food will go to hell after they die, and on top of that, they are forced to eat the food they had left over while they were alive." Gu Sheng said in distress, "So that means I'll have to eat decades of leftover food?" She took her food and held it up to his lips. "My Toupai loves his wife dearly..."

Scene 6
Gu Sheng continued to have poor appetite. One night, halfway into the night, she suddenly panicked. While Toupai was in the washroom, she sprang up, pulled out a box from the bedside table, emptied out its entire contents of several hundred little packages, and started carefully feeling each one. Toupai walked up behind her and watched her amusedly. "Are you trying to count to see if there is less? Whether I've secretly used some?" Gu Sheng nervously answered him, "No... I just wanted to feel to see if... you've ever pricked them with a needle..."