Chapter 12

Poached "Pearls" with Conch (3)

"Hmm... Our Toupai's golden master really has such a nice voice."

Out of nowhere, a familiar-sounding voice threw out this teasing sentence.

Gu Sheng was so startled she hit several wrong notes. She wanted to look over to see who had entered the chat room, but she still needed to finish off what was yet unfinished.

"Oh yes," Dou Dou Dou Bing sighed lightly. "That vibrato sounds sooooo nice."

"Pure and natural. No additional fancy embellishment needed." Jue Mei Sha Yi was also slowly savoring what he was hearing. "This indeed is the voice Qiang Qing Ci loves the most."

......

Gu Sheng honestly could not keep singing anymore.

She stopped abruptly and discovered that seven or eight people had actually come into her locked chat room! Furthermore... they had all been given channel administrator rights...

Wwwwk?!

Feng Ya Song?!

Dou Dou Dou Bing??!!

Fei Shao??!!

Jue Mei Sha Yi???!!!

Geng Xiaoxing???!!!

And nearly all of them were online using their mobile phones ...

Gu Sheng was completely stupefied.

"Um, well ... " Feng Ya Song very, very politely explained, "Qiang Qing Ci Dada, Sheng Sheng Man Dada, I'm mortified to have disturbed your date ... It was Dou Dou Dou Bing who told me to come."

Dou Dou Dou Bing: "Fei Shao told me to come."

Fei Shao: "It wasn't me. Wwwwk was the one who notified me."

Wwwwk: "I'm eating hot pot with Jue Mei right now..."

Jue Mei: "...... I'm messaging with Geng Xiaoxing on WeChat. Sheng Sheng, you get what I mean..."

......

Of course, nothing else needed to be said. Geng Xiaoxing was her channel's orange horse.

She must have one by one given all of them administrator status and sold her out. T T

And then ... she had ended up surrounded by a circle of onlookers.

Geng Xiaoxing, in a very grovelling tone, sent a private message to her: You know ... Jue Mei asked and I didn't dare say no.

"Sheng Sheng ..." Feng Ya Song complained resentfully, "Toupai is so selfish ... He kept kicking us out. I didn't get to hear the whole song. It kept cutting in and out ..."

Dou Dou Dou Bing also felt Qiang Qing Ci was being extremely unkind. "It was such a back-and-forth battle. He would kick us out nonstop, and we would come back in nonstop...... All we wanted to do was watch from the sidelines to see how Toupai has a date..."

......

The whole time, Qiang Qing Ci had not spoken.

Gu Sheng felt that she needed to clarify the situation. "Actually... It's... um..." How should I say it? That Toupai asked me to sing? And so I sang? But why did Toupai ask me to sing?...... I don't know either...

Gu Sheng was not doing well... Faced with this bunch of experienced CVs, who were all very capable of poking fun at people, this little cover singer's responses were just too pathetic.

Thankfully, Qiang Qing Ci cleared his throat and turned on his microphone. "Sheng Sheng and I had a bet." Qiang Qing Ci's voice finally seemed to have completely warmed up and was back in its top form. "She lost, so she needed to sing for me."