Back in the Hidden Leaf

"We're finally back!!!!" Naruto and I cheered once we crossed the main gate to Konoha. 2 weeks had passed since the battle on the bridge, we took our time to recover from our injuries as well as for Tazuna-san and the rest of his workers to complete the bridge.

Without Zabuza and Gatou in the way to disrupt their work, the workers managed to complete the bridge without any further issues.

That morning, we went to Zabuza and Haku's graves to pay our last respects to them before bidding farewell to the villagers. Naruto and Inari couldn't stop crying when we said goodbye, oh well, perhaps we might visit them someday in the future.

"Oh man, oh man, I miss Ichiraku's ramen so much!!" Naruto was practically drooling just by saying it out, "Stop that, Naruto! That's disgusting!!"

"We could have lunch together, how does that sound?" I suggested, Naruto of course was nodding his head furiously. Sakura was looking at Sasuke first, obviously agreeing to whatever he's going to say. Sasuke merely shrugged "Fine, I guess." "Then, I'm going too!!!" Sakura agreed immediately, as I thought.

"Kakashi sensei?" "Hm? Oh, I'll have to skip out on this one. I need to report to Hokage-sama on our mission report. There are quite a few things that I need to talk to him about." He gave me a look and I knew what he was referring to, Itsuki.

I nodded, "Jya, see you tomorrow then Kakashi-sensei! Let's go guys!"

We reached Ichiraku pretty quickly, thankfully there weren't many customers at that time so we quickly sat down and browsed through the menu, deciding what to order. Everyone except Naruto of course "Give me my usual order, occhan!" "You got it!"

After the rest of us has placed our orders, Sasuke was trying to ignore Sakura's advances so I decided to catch up with Naruto. We avoided talking about Itsuki after the battle was over and I only told Sasuke about it, Naruto finally asked me about Itsuki this time, probably thinking that it's been a while enough to ask about it.

I explained to him what Itsuki and his people did to my clan and to me, how I had 2 ANBU members be my bodyguards to protect me from them until I became a genin. After I was done with my story, that was enough to make Naruto mad, I didn't even realize Sakura had stopped talking to Sasuke to listen to me.

"That bastard! I'll punch him in the face the next time I see him!" "You'll have to get in line Naruto, I deserve the first punch."

"Is Hokage-sama doing anything about this, Akiko?" "He said that he would track them down and he'll see what he can do, which was years ago. But I'm not sure if he's done anything else... I should visit him later."

Our ramens were served and we started to eat, nobody was talking, everyone was focused on the delicious food. After we had finished our meals, we all went our separate ways and I made my way towards the Hokage's office, hoping that he's free to talk.

I stopped outside of the Hokage's office, leaning towards the door to make sure that he wasn't busy. Hearing nothing but the sound of paperwork being done, I knocked on the door. "Who's there?" "It's me, Akiko." Since he didn't say anything, I opened the door and entered.

"Akiko, I was expecting you to come by sooner or later. Kakashi left not too long ago." He looked up at me from his paperwork. "Then you should know why I'm here then?" "I have a slight idea, yes."

"Itsuki." When he gave me a look, I explained further "That ninja who was after me. You told me that you were going to find them and bring them back to the village! Weren't you?" I looked into his eyes, wanting to believe that he has been doing it.

He took a puff from his pipe before setting it down, looking up at me sternly "I have indeed sent out some ANBU to look for them, and they have been doing it for years. But they're clearly no ordinary group of ninjas, we haven't been able to track them down much less hear any news about them."