Revenge?

We could hear the distinct sound of battling far away as we ran towards the entrance.

But just as we were close to the entrance, 3 ninjas appeared out of nowhere and smirked at us.

"And where do you kids think you're going?" the largest ninja among them smirked at us as he stepped closer.

Azumi took out her kunai and she seemed ready to fight when Akio pulled her back and told us softly.

"No, Azumi. I'll handle them, I'll cover for you both. So run as fast as you can."

"What -" Azumi was about to retort when Akio cut her off sharply.

"This isn't up for debate. Take her and go!" Akio then released his grip of our wrists and made a handsign.

"Katon, Goukakyuu no Jutsu!" he breathed out a large fireball at the enemies, providing us the cover we needed to escape.

Azumi then grabbed my wrist and we ran as fast as we could, preventing ourselves from having any second thoughts about leaving Akio behind.

It was quite late in the night so the streets were empty and quiet as we ran through them. We were quite a distance away before the 2 other ninja from before appeared in front of us.

"Kuso!" (Shit!) Azumi muttered under her breath. She quickly gave me the kunai in her hand and I knew what she was going to do.

"Nigero, Akiko. Don't use the streets, the roofs are way faster. Go and don't look back." she pushed me to the side as she threw a kunai that has a paper bomb attached to it at the floor under them.

I ran.

Or more likely, jumped from roof to roof, not looking back as Azumi told me. The fate of my clan was in my hands now, and I don't intend to fail my mission.

I could see the roof of the Hokage's office clearly from where I was. It's a distance away but I'm sure I could make it.

I have to.

Just as I was nearing the Hokage's office, I heard my brother call out to me from behind.

I stopped and turned to see him, bruised but it was definitely him.

"Nii-san!" (Brother) I was so relieved, he won his fight!

"Are you alright?" he asked as he landed right next to me.

I nodded my head and pointed at the Hokage's office which was literally just a street away. "Let's hurry up and get help!"

I turned around and was about to jump off when he gripped my wrist, turning me to face him.

Except he was smirking at me, and I had a bad feeling in the bottom of my stomach.

I looked down and saw that there was a paper bomb at the floor under me. My eyes widened as it detonated right as he let my wrist go and jumped away.

The blast threw me off the roof and I fell down hard onto the street below.

My head hurts really badly, it might be bleeding. But most importantly everything was spinning.

Where did he go? That wasn't Akio.

My questions were answered when I saw Akio change into one of the ninja from before in front of me.

"That was so easy." he smirked as he bent down towards me.

I started panicking because I knew what was going to happen next. I quickly activated my doujutsu and fumbled with the handsigns for the one jutsu I know.

Snake. Ram. Monkey. Boar. Horse. Tiger.

Katon, goukarkyuu no jutsu!

I took in a deep breath and was going to breathe out when he punched me in the face and grabbed my throat, choking me.

"Hrrk!" I tried to pry his hands off my throat.

"Pathetic, I bet you've never even used that jutsu before. Now just stay still and let me-" he said menacingly as he reached out towards my eye.

I started hyperventilating, I kicked him, punched him, anything I could to make him stop.

But I couldn't and the one thing that I saw before I lost one of my eyes was his scar that ran along his face, from his left eye down to his chin.

I let out a bloodcurdling scream once he took out one of my eyes, I could only see with one eye now. And it wasn't even a minute before he took out my other eye and released me.

It was so goddamn painful, for a few moments there was nothing in my head except the feeling of pain. I couldn't see anything, I couldn't see where he was.

But I could feel hot liquid in my hands. Oh God, it's my blood, I wanted to pass out right then and there.

"Kuso." I heard him say before he left, I could then feel a few people right next to me.

"Hey, are you okay? What happened, can you tell me? The rest of you, after him!" a male's voice said with a commanding time.

"Yes sir!" I could feel them leave.

"What's your name? What happened?" he asked me in a gentler tone, he had his hand on my back in an attempt to calm me down.

"I'm... Akiyama Akiko.. There are a large group of people who attacked us... They're after our-" I tried not to stutter too much and to calm myself down but it was hard.

He must have understood what I meant because I heard him speaking, probably to his radio.

"They're a group of people attacking the Akiyama clan, I need another group of people there immediately! DO NOT LET THEM GET AWAY!"

I was still crying in pain when I felt him lift me up. "I'm bringing you to the hospital now, leave the rest to us."

---------------

They didn't manage to catch them. The group of people who had attacked my clan were quick and had left by the time the ANBU had reached.

They did however caught up to the ninja who stole my eyes and managed to injure him enough to take back my eyes.

My clan however weren't as lucky, they told me that everyone was dead, none of them had their eyes, the group of ninjas had stolen it. Every single eye.

Because the ninjas could return for me again and Im just an Academy student, Sandaime had assigned 2 ANBUs to watch over me 24/7 until I became a genin which was 5 years away.

Sasuke had heard what happened and came to visit me. He didn't had to say anything because he knew how I felt. He was in the exact same place a few months back. So he just stayed by my side and took care of me quietly, like how I did for him back then.

There wasn't a proper funeral for my clan including my family, and I cried even more when I saw their tombstones.

How did all of this happen so quickly? One moment they were still alive, the next moment they were gone.

I felt so alone.

Sasuke had let me stay over at his house as I didn't want to live alone yet. I needed some time.

A month later he asked me.

"What are you going to do about it?" he asked nonchalantly, he rarely spoke with emotion these days.

I was silent for a while as I thought about it.

They were a large group of ninjas from an unknown land who now has my clan's doujutsu. It is dangerous in the wrong hands as they could do anything with that power. They had the power of all the elements.

I can't let them do that. They are not going to bring chaos with my clan's name. Not on my watch.

"I'm going to find them and stop them."