We Passed!

Everyone was silent except for the sound of the wind blowing that was ruffling our hairs as we all understood what Kakashi sensei meant.

That is, everyone except Naruto....

"In action?" he asked innocently.

Sakura answered him before I could, "Naruto..... it means they died while carrying out their mission." her tone was hinting him to not speak so carelessly.

Naruto's eyes widened upon understanding what it really meant, he slowly looked away and towards the ground as another silence filled the air.

It was as if we were all silently paying our respects to those who gave up their lives for our village.

"This is a memorial. The names of my friends are also engraved here, including my best friend...." Kakashi told us, there wasn't a hint of sadness in his tone, he sounded like he was stating a fact, but I could tell that this man has been through a lot.

We all shared a look among ourselves, unsure on how we should respond. Luckily, Kakashi sensei turned around with a stern look, ending the silence.

"I'll give you guys one more chance! However, after noon it'll be a harsher battle to take the bell. Those who want to take on the challenge can eat your lunch. Akiko is free to go home as she has passed. However, do not let Naruto have any." he instructed.

"Huh???!!!!" Naruto exclaimed, how was he going to fight if he didn't eat??

"That's your punishment for breaking the rules and attempting to eat on your own. If someone lets him eat, that person will be disqualified  on the spot, that includes Akiko. Take your lunch and go home or stay and watch if you wish, but do not give it to Naruto." he gave me a stern look as if he read my thoughts cause that was exactly what I had in mind.

"I make the rules here, got it??" he stated, giving us one last look before leaving. 

Sasuke and Sakura sat down and opened their bento as they started to eat, while i looked back and forth at Naruto wondering if I should just give it to him.

If I go home, then i might as well give it to him, i could grab something to eat on the way back anyways. If i wanted to stay and watch, i could still give him most of my portion as i wont be fighting anyways.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by a loud, grumbling sound. Naruto. The poor guy must be hungry, I looked over at him to see him being really frustrated.

"I'm okay with not eating lunch! No sweat at all!" he declared, trying to act tough.

But the grumbling from his stomach says that he's not fine at all.

I noticed Sasuke look up from his food and glanced at Naruto who was in despair, before turning to look at me.

I decided that I was going to share my food with Naruto, how is he going to fight if he doesn't have the energy? He'll be dragging the team down, forget about teamwork, he'll probably collapse immediately and it would be like back in the beginning. If I'm going to get disqualified, then...... fine! I'll just retake the graduation test! But my conscience won't let me walk away from this knowing that I could help Naruto.

So I opened my bento and stuffed some rice and a few slices of meat into my mouth as I walked towards Naruto, wondering if Sasuke understood my intentions, hoping he would join me. 

Naruto looked up as I approached him, clearly confused with what I was doing. I swallowed my food before holding out my bento and chopsticks towards him, "You can have the rest, Naruto."