Hatake Kakashi

He is so late.

We have been waiting for an hour or so and our sensei still hasn't arrived. Naruto has become impatient and is setting up a prank on our sensei. Sakura is nagging at Naruto trying to stop him from doing it, and Sasuke is just being Sasuke.

Just then, a hand appeared at the door and we all became silent as we watched the person open the door more and froze as the eraser fell on top of his head and onto the ground.

Naruto started laughing, "He fell for it! He actually fell for it!"

"I'm so sorry sensei! I tried to stop Naruto but he wouldn't listen!" Sakura tried to push the blame onto Naruto.

Sasuke and I just stayed silent. The jonin before us had spiky white hair, his forehead protector was covering his left eye and he wore a mask which covered his nose and mouth. So mysterious.

He picked up the eraser and looked at it silently before telling us, "Hmm, how should I say this, my first impression of you guys are......" he then placed his hand on his chin as if he were deep in thought.

"I hate you." I think we all deadpanned in response to that.

---------------------

He brought us to the roof of a building, there were potted trees on the roof and there were these semicircle structures over them with a banner that has the sky kanji on it. There were steps on the rooftop too which is where we sat with the jonin leaning against the deck railing facing us.

"Let's see, why not you introduce yourselves first." He began.

"Introduce ourselves? What should we say? Sakura asked.

"What you like, hate, your dreams and hobbies, that sort of thing." he crossed his arms and continued to look at us.

"Why not you introduce yourself first, sensei." Naruto suggested.

"Me? I'm Hatake Kakashi. I don't plan on telling you my likes and dislikes."

"Eh?" Sakura, Naruto and I said out loud.

"As for my dreams........" we waited for him to continue, "I have a few hobbies." he finished.

"The only thing he told us was his name." Sakura told us with a 'I cant believe him' look, we all nodded in agreement.

"It's your turn now. Let's start with you." He looked at Naruto.

"I am Uzumaki Naruto." Naruto started as he fiddled with his forehead protector. "I like instant cup ramen. But I like the ramen at Ichiraku that Iruka-sensei treated me to even more! I hate the 3 minutes wait after i pour in the hot water though. My hobby is to eat and compare cup ramens! And my dream is to become greater than the Hokages! Im going to make the villagers acknowledge my existence!"

Does he only eat, breath and live ramen?

"Okay, next."

"I'm Haruno Sakura. I like.... well the person I like is....." she stopped and glanced at Sasuke. "My hobby is.... well, my dream is to...." she stopped again and started squealing.

I can already figure out what's your dream Sakura.

"I hate Naruto!" she finished before glancing at Sasuke again.

Ouch, poor Naruto. He looks heartbroken.

I know Sasuke wasn't going to go yet so I began introducing myself.

"I am Akiyama Akiko. Um, I guess I like food. I hate..... this group of people who took everything from me, and my dream is to stop them and to protect my clan's name." realizing that it was starting to get dark, i quickly added on "My hobby is reading books."

I noticed Kakashi sensei looking at both me and Sasuke, I bet he knows who we are and probably has an inkling of our goals. "Last guy."

We all turned to Sasuke.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke. I hate many things and there aren't a lot of things that I like."

Sakura seemed disappointed, it seems as if she hoped that he would mention her.

"I don't have a dream but an ambition because i plan to make it come true. I will restore my clan, and I will..... kill a certain man." This shocked Naruto and Sakura as they stared at him in disbelief, only Kakashi and I seemed unfazed, like I said i bet Kakashi-sensei knows what our goals are.

"Alright, all four of you have unique personalities. I like that. We are going to start our mission tomorrow." he informed us.

A mission? So soon?!

"What kind of mission is it sir?!" Naruto asked excitedly.

"First, we will be doing something that the 5 of us can do."

"What, what, what?"

"Survival training."

I dont have a good feeling about this.

"Survival training?" asked a confused Naruto. 

"Why would that be a mission?" Sakura asked this time.  "We've already had plenty of training at the academy." she protested.

"This isn't an ordinary training."

"But then, what kind of training is it then?" Naruto and I asked in unison.

Kakashi-sensei started to laugh to himself which was really creeping me out.

"Hey, what's so funny about this sensei?" Sakura asked, not understanding why he is laughing.

"Well that's because if I say it, you're going to be surprised. Out of the 31 graduates, only 9 or 10 of you will be genins as we have an odd number this year. The remaining graduates will be sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a very hard test with a failure rate of 66%." he said ominously.

What the heck?! I don'r remember nii-san saying anything about this!

"See? All 4 of you are surprised!" he jeered.

How could we not be?! I ain't going back to the academy!Not after all of my hard work!

"No way! I went through so much trouble! Then what was that final exam for?" Naruto protested.

"That? It's just a test to see who's qualified to become a genin." he answered nonchalantly.

"Nani?!" Naruto and I shouted in disbelief.

"Anyways, I'm going to determine if you pass or fail tomorrow at the training grounds. Bring your ninja equipment and meet at 5am!" he instructed.

But none of us answered, we were all silent as we understood the seriousness of this situation.

"Okay, you're dismissed! Oh yeah..... don't eat breakfast, or you're going to throw up." Kakashi sensei then left us.

I then stood up and gripped my fists before turning to them. "We are going to pass this test together! We are going to prove him wrong! Got it?" I shouted to them, I didn't need to but I felt that shouting would calm my nerves more.

The 3 of them looked up at me in shock before smirking and nodding at me, agreeing to what I said.