He's kinda cool (Chapter 2)

We make it to my house soon enough and I swing the door open. Eli follows behind me and takes off his shoes before going in further to the house.

"This is nice" he says, looking around.

"Yeah. And you can set your stuff here. My sister is at work but will be back soon, I have my Nintendo switch and Xbox hooked up to the TV down here." I say, walking to the living room and turning on the TV. Eli sets down his stuff where I told him he could and quickly follows me to the living room. "What do you wanna play?" I ask, turning to him.

"Do you have Just Dance by any chance?" He says with a sly smirk. I smirk back and nod, setting up the Nintendo now.

"Of course I do. Which one should we do?" I ask as the home page for the Nintendo comes up. He thinks for a moment before responding.

"Do the most recent one, so that would be 2020." He says, standing from the couch. I click on Just Dance 2020 and hand him the second player controller. He playfully rolls his eyes and I laugh a bit. We decide on '7 rings' for the first one and I click on it. We dance and I just barely win the first song. We do many more songs, Eli winning some and me winning some. By the time we were both tired from dancing it was tied up.

"One more to break the tie?" He asks and smiles down at me.

"Yep, and whoever loses has to buy the other a food of their choice, in a budget of course." I say with confidence. He agrees and we decide on the final song 'let it go'. We battle it out and we go back and forth in the lead, it was too hard to tell who was going to win. In the end, Eli sadly won. I put my head in my hands and shake my head sadly.

"Yeah! Take that!" He yells and I laugh at his antics. "I'll think about what you have to buy me." He says with a playful wink. I sigh and sit on the couch, Eli following. We decided to now play Goat Simulator on my Xbox, just for fun. We passed the controller back and forth since it was a one player game. It was a stupid funny game and we died laughing while playing it. I was very glad to meet this guy, he's super cool and nice and crazy fun to be around. We have the same humor and interests so I'm lucky I ran into him. We continue playing until my sister walks in and we turn our heads to her. She smirks at me then goes back to her usual kind smile.

"Hey, August, who do we have here?" She says while walking over to us. She hugs me and looks at Eli.

"This is Eli, I bumped into him in the hallway and it turns out we had all the same classes together. He likes almost all the same things I do so I invited him over to play video games, since I have no other friends and needed someone to hang out with. He's nice." I smile and she smiles at him.

"Well nice to meet you Eli, thank you for helping my sister on the first day." She says kindly, holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you as well, what was your name?" He replies just as nice, shaking her hand.

"It's Iris." She says with a smile. "I'll start on dinner, Eli you're free to stay for it if you'd like. You guys have fun." She says. She quickly turns back around to me and gives me a wink, making my face flush pink. I ignore it and sigh at her comment.

"Back to the game?" Eli says. I nod and he hands me the controller. We play for about 10 more minutes until Eli gets a call from his parents, telling him to head home.

"My parents said I have to go." He says with a sad face. I frown but nod and stand up as he does to walk him out. He grabs his stuff and says bye to my sister. I wave to him and he waves back with a smile, I smile back. I walk back into the house to see Iris standing there with a sly expression, her arms crossed.

"Well he sure is cute." Iris laughs, nudging my arm.

"Stop, I literally just met him." I sigh, covering my face from embarrassment.

"All I'm saying is you two would look cute together." She puts her hands up, surrendering. I laugh and tell her I'm going to stream. She yells an 'okay' and heads back into the kitchen to finish dinner. I boot up my PC and pull up twitch. I get everything set up and hit the go live button.

"Hello chat, welcome back to another stream. Today I think it's going to be a chill stream, mining on my server. I have some stories from my first day at school." I smile, even though no one can see me. I am yet another faceless streamer, so no one knew what I looked like. I pull up Minecraft and put it on the screen so it's visible. I take a quick look at the view count. '3,473'. Not bad. I log into my server and grab some pickaxes before looking for a cave. 

"So chat, how've you been?" I ask, the chat filling with 'good' and 'okay' some 'bad'. "Okay, everyone. Today I met this guy at school, right? Let me start by saying this man is freakishly tall. Either way, me being me, I was looking down at my schedule and ran into him. I apologized and he offered to help me find my classes. We had all the same classes together so we got to talking and he is really cool." I pause to look at chat, which is filled with smirky faces or 'crush?' "Chat, no, I do not have a crush." I sigh and continue telling them the rest about my day, excluding the creepy guy from the story. I talk with them and do a Q&A as well. Iris had brought me food sometime in between the Q&A so I ate while answering questions. Eventually an hour had gone by and it was getting kind of late so I decided to end.

"Well chat, that'll be the stream for today. Thank you all for coming down. I'm gonna do a raid so let me see who is live." I say, scanning the twitch homepage to see my favorite small streamer was live. I smile and decide to raid him. "Okay everyone go raid Ranboo, show him some love! One of my personal favorite small streamers, this guy is chill." I say and tell chat to raid him, my mods spam his twitch link in the chat. I end the stream and click on his to see the reaction.

"And so-" I hear but he pauses as the viewers start to pour in. "Oh my gosh, wow that- that's a lot of people. Um thank you so much.. rosemary for the raid! Holy crap thank you so much." He says, and I can tell through his voice he's smiling. I smile and continue watching, deciding to donate to him. I donated $20 with a message saying 'no problem man, you're super cool, keep up the good work :)' And he stopped speaking again. "Okay wow again thank you so much Rosemary, wow. You didn't have to donate but thank you again, wow. I have watched your streams for a bit now and this is just so- so cool." He says with a kind, almost familiar voice. I ignore it and type in chat 'No problem, you're great :]' and with that I continue watching the stream while laying in my bed. I drift off to sleep eventually, excited for the next day of school. 

Hope you enjoyed the second chapter! Third will be up tomorrow hopefully. Remember to drink water and eat something! You are valid, you are amazing, and ily <33

Word count: 1381 words