Promises (Chapter 10)

I open my eyes from the bright sun shining. I look to see Eli's arms around me, and I smile. Though it is almost immediately wiped off my face remembering everything from yesterday. Along with that I get flashbacks from the actual events and shudder. I then feel Eli shift and he looks down at me, eyes now opened.

"Morning, you okay?" He asks softly, letting me go but I wish he didn't.

"Yeah.." I mutter, barely audible. He opens his mouth to say something but I quickly cut him off. "I'm sorry.. For yesterday. Telling you all that. I didn't- I just-" I try to find the words but now Eli cuts me off.

"Hey, it's okay, I asked and I'm glad you told me so I can help if you ever need anything." He looks at me with kind eyes, butterflies in my stomach. "I promise to be there with you. Always. I promise to protect you as much as I can from anything, Britney included. I promise to always be by your side. Okay?" He says, not looking away. His gray eyed gaze stares into my hazel eyes, it's as if I'm in a trance, unable to look away.

"Okay.." I say, smiling. Eli holds out his pinky and I almost laugh at the childish gesture but link my pinky with his anyways. "Okay well I'm gonna get dressed, you should too." I say, changing the subject. He nods and gets up, grabbing his backpack and heading out of my room. When he leaves I groan in annoyance. Not at anything really, just that I told Eli everything. I get up and grab some jeans and a sweatshirt to wear. I then grab my phone off the charger and head out of my room, running my hands through my hair. I see Eli on my couch and bonk his head as I walk by. He looks up and glares at me silently while I flash him a smile.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask from the kitchen and hear footsteps heading towards me.

"I want bacon." He says while walking to my fridge and getting the bacon out.

"Okay we can make that. Anything else?" I say as I grab a pan and put it on the stovetop.

"I'll make some toast. Do you want toast too?" He says, walking to my pantry.

"Yes please" I mutter as I put the bacon on the pan and it sizzles. We finish making the food and quickly eat it. Eli had to head home so now I was at my house alone. I was contemplating streaming but decided not to, telling myself I would tomorrow. I was tired and didn't feel up to it. I sigh and unlock my phone, opening twitter. I get a discord message from Tommy and he asks if I wanted to join an among us game, he said a lobby had an open spot. I agree since I didn't have to stream it myself and go upstairs. I boot up my PC and get on discord, joining the VC and getting greeted kindly by everyone.

"Hello Rosemary!" Multiple people greet me.

"Hello!" I say politely in my mic. The lobby was me, Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur soot, Niki Nihachu, Fundy, Pokimane, Valkyrae, corpse, and Ranboo. Some people were streaming but I wasn't sure who it was but it was whatever. We all get along great and once everyone is ready we begin the game. First game Tommy killed me but ended up getting voted out. The other imposter who was Fundy got voted out towards the end and the crewmates won. A couple games later I got imposter and killed Tommy. My imposter duo, Niki, got voted out but I won it for us. The next round I was killed later on in the game by Ranboo and was quite offended. He ended up winning and so forth.

It was all fun until most everyone decided it would be a good place to stop and we all said our goodbyes, leaving the lobby. I yawn and head downstairs to grab something to eat. I end up just eating some peanut butter crackers and a granola bar. I hear my phone ring and see Eli is facetiming me. I quickly picked it up with a smile.

"Hello M'lady." He says with a smirk, immediately sending butterflies into my stomach.

"Good day you little hopeless romantic." I say playfully and wink at him. He laughs along with me and we fall into a nice conversation. I go up and lay in my bed while Eli tells me about some cool things he has planned for streaming. I smile. I love listening to him talk about things he likes, it's adorable. He continues on and I listen intently but as it gets later I stop responding as much and feel my eyes get heavier. I lose the strength to keep my eyes open and let them close, drifting off.

"Aww.." He says after he takes a break from talking. My eyes are still closed due to me being too tired to open them. "Pretty girl" I hear him say quietly. I hold back a smile. "Goodnight.." He whispers. "Love you." And with that he hangs up, leaving me there to wonder what way he means. I end up drifting off to sleep quite quickly after that, his voice ringing through my head. 

Word count: 905

hehe, doing another chapter because I can! Also throughout these chapters my writing gets better as the story progresses. I started this for fun after making a different one and showing it to my friend. My friend has read all the stories that I have on my google docs and this was the second one I ended up writing. She told me I should post it so I did! I started writing this a while back so the writing gets better and so does the story! Love you all!! <33