Tired (Chapter 8)

TW//Bullying and mentions of PTSD and su!c!de attempt 

I open my eyes to my annoying alarm blaring in my eyes. I groan and roll out of bed with a yawn. I quickly threw on a shirt and jeans, brushing my hair, putting on light makeup, then grabbing everything I needed and heading downstairs. I walk downstairs to see my lunchbox on the counter with a note on it.

Got called into work early to cover for someone. I'll be back to make dinner and mom is on another business trip for a week. Made you lunch, love you.

I sigh and take off the note, slipping it into my backpack. I grab my lunchbox and slip on my shoes, heading out the door. Once again, I didn't eat anything this morning. I walk with my earbuds in for a couple minutes before hearing something. I take out my earbuds and look behind me to see some creepy guy following me, or so it seems. I turn back around quickly and don't put my earbuds back in. I quickly call Eli and he answers in 2 rings.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Hey, can you stay on call? There is someone following me." I whisper into my phone.

"Yeah, where are you?" He asks, concern radiating from his voice.

"I'm on my way to school, almost to where we meet up." I say, quickly looking back to see the guy still following. He looked older, definitely not in my grade if he was in school.

"I'm there so I'll wait for you, stay on call." He says calmly and I agree, quickening my pace. I make it there and hang up when I see him. "Alright, stay close." Eli whispers as I get up to him. He looks back to see the guy, who has slowed down now. Maybe he'll leave since Eli is with me. Eli grabbed my hand in his and intertwined our fingers, causing butterflies to swarm in my stomach. The guy stops following us shortly after, taking a turn somewhere along the way and I let out a relieved breath when I don't see him anymore.

"Thank you." I say gratefully.

"Yeah, no problem, I'm glad you called me." He says and smiles. We make it to school and make it to our class. We have a bit until it starts and I need to use the restroom so I tell Eli and he tells me to be careful. I nod and head to the restroom. I quickly use it and exit the stall to see the bitch Britney.

"Well hello again." She says with a smirk. "I wouldn't disrespect me again if I were you. I found out your secrets and I don't think you'd want them getting out to the school." She says with a laugh.

"You don't know anything about me." I say through my teeth.

//TW STARTS//

"Oh but I do. I know about your anxiety and PTSD. I know about your dad and your mom. I know about middle school and your attempt. I know about your past relationship. I know everything." She says, getting up in my face.

//TW for mentions of PTSD and su!c!de over//

"How the fuck do you know that." I ask, quite honestly weirded out.

"You don't need to know. All you need to know is to not mess with me or I will tell the whole school and they'll all look at you with pity. They'll all run away from the 'broken, depressed little girl'." She laughs. "Whore."

"You bitch." I glare at her.

"I'd be careful with those words, say something to make me mad and everything gets out." I stare at her and hold back tears, angry and sad. I hated remembering all those things. But despite me wanting to say so many things, I keep my mouth shut, not wanting it all to get out.

"Good girl." She says with a fake smile. She then punches me and kicks me to the floor. I fall to the floor and cough, having the wind knocked out of me. She then steps on my hand and kicks me in the stomach repeatably , while I lay helplessly on the floor. Flashbacks flood through my mind and tears threaten to fall from my eyes but I hold them back, for now at least. She stops and looks down at me with disgust.

//all TWs over//

"Don't tell anyone." She threatens, and with that, she leaves. I lay there on the floor, but eventually I dragged myself up. Looking at myself in the mirror I feel sick. I quickly fix myself up and walk out, back to class. I enter just as the bell rings and Eli looks at my pale face with worry.

"You okay?" He asks with concern. I almost tell him but her words echo through my head.

"Yeah, just tired." I say with a forced smile. He just nods and we continue to pay attention. 

Word count: 830

Heavy chapter, hope you all enjoyed. I love you all! <33