You... (Chapter 36)

August Pov

A couple days had passed by, and everything was pretty good for me. I had stayed off social media, everyone around me making sure I did. We all didn't stream too much and when we did, they made sure everything was good after. I had been doing good! Eli stayed by my side, making sure I was eating and drinking. I couldn't be more grateful for everyone around me. And today was yet another random day. We had all planned to go out, and everyone was in the car waiting for Toby.

He made it to the car and we all listened to music, taking turns picking the songs, while we drove to town. We arrived shortly and I began walking around. I smiled, walking with excitement in my step.

"You seem happy." I hear from behind me. I turn around to Eli, matching his smile.

"I am! I like shopping with everyone!" I smile more, grinning ear to ear. Eli matched my pace and gently intertwined our fingers. I swing our arms back and forth slightly, causing Eli to laugh. The group had separated from us slightly, heading off to a different shop so we didn't have to wear our masks the entire time. Eli had gone through 2 shops, Eli had split from me and went to the opposite side of the store to look at the men's clothing. Everything was great until I saw an all too familiar face.

I stopped dead in my tracks and stared, trying to make out the situation. I tried to convince myself it was someone who looked like them but I couldn't. He was here. I had left him. He didn't live around here. Why was he here, now? He turned and his eyes met mine. His eyebrow rose then fell back down, a smirk appearing on his face. He walked closer to me. As much as I wanted to walk away, run to Eli, I couldn't move. I felt my breath become shallow and tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I held them back, knowing what would happen if I showed too much weakness. I took a deep breath and steadied myself as he got up to me, slightly towering over me.

"Princess.." He says with a low tone. He brings his hand up to my face but I scoff and push it away. The fear slightly leaves me and is replaced with anger.

"Do not touch me." I state, holding eye contact.

He leans down closer to my face and whispers, "Oh come on.. You know you miss me."

"I don't miss you. You fucked me up and you know you did." I spit and push his face away from mine.

"That was the old me.. Come on baby." He smirks at me with the same old smile I knew too well.

"You haven't changed and how you're speaking to me right now shows it. Don't come back with the same manipulative, gaslighting, cheating bullshit." I snap and glare at him.

"I promise I've changed.. Believe me. I'm lost without you." He pauses. "I miss you"

"The last time you promised something you broke it. I have no trust in you anymore and even if I did I found someone who treats me better than you ever would. If you're lost without me then find a way to get back on track by yourself because I'm not helping. And just so you know." I pause for a brief second. "I've changed. You miss the old me that was easy to push around and manipulate and plead your case to. I've learned and grown. I know better than to ever trust you again. Say whatever but I know your lies."

"Oh someone new? They'll never be as good as I was." I spat and glared down at me, crossing his arms.

"No he's better. He takes me on dates, he wouldn't choose another girl over me, I've never worried about him cheating on me, I've never worried about him taking advantage of me when I'm not myself, I've never worried about him pushing me to do something I said no to, I've never had to worry." I speak, trying to avoid my voice cracking. "I've never had to worry with him and I know I'll never have to. When I was with you I always worried. And I was right to worry. YOU took advantage of me, YOU cheated, YOU left me in pieces."