Guilt (Chapter 20) !!

My alarm wakes me up and I yawn, sitting up in my bed. I stare at the wall for a second before turning off my alarm and trudging tiredly out of bed. I put on a random hoodie and some jeans. I brushed out my hair and did some light makeup before grabbing my school bag and heading downstairs. My sister had left for work and my mom was who knows where, maybe she left for work already. I sigh and put on my shoes, heading out the door with everything I needed. I walk until school and make my way past everyone to my locker, finding Eli waiting.

"G'day Eli." I say with a smile. He looks at me and smiles.

"G'day August." He says with a dumb smile. I grab everything I need and we both head to class. We made it and I excused myself to the restroom quickly.

"Beware of the bitch." Eli warns.

"She won't do anything, and if she does, I'll handle it." I smile and Eli nods with a smile. I head off the restroom and use it quickly, wash my hands, and leave with no issue. I walk back into class to Britney uncomfortably close to Eli, and Eli looks incredibly weirded out. I cringe at her desperation but walk over.

"Excuse me." I state firmly, crossing my arms. Britney turns to me and flashes a disgusted look before scoffing.

"Need something hoe? I'm talking with Eli." She says, saying Eli in a weird tone. I furrow my eyebrows at her, but Eli speaks before I do.

"Can you just leave; you're being weird and I don't want you here. And do not call my girlfriend a hoe you bitch, she is the farthest thing from it." Eli glares at her. Britney's eyes widen but quickly go back to her resting bitch face as she looks between the both of us and decides to say something else.

"Why would you date this ugly bitch? She looks like an overgrown rat that belongs in NYC. I'm much better." She says proudly.

"Oh yeah I bet." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "I feel bad for any guy that has to kiss you, they'd just end up with a mouth full of makeup. I hope you are alone so no one has to die next to your desperate, fake ass." I pause and glare as I sit down. Brintey's jaw dropped open and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Don't make that face too much sweetie, you'll add to your collection of wrinkles. Have about 2,000 by the time you're 40 with how often I see that face." I say with a fake smile. She just glares more and turns around, her hair taking a minute to follow behind her. She walks away to the front of the class, arms crossed as she sits down. I look at Eli and he looks at me, causing us both to burst out laughing. We get a couple weird looks from people but we don't care and continue laughing.

"Fucking got her." Eli manages to say through laughs. I pause and just stare at him.

"That's the first time I've heard you say fuck." I say and hold back more laughter.

"Shit." Is all he says and we break into another fit of laughter. The bell rings and we both stop immediately, turning our attention to the front. The entire class was just us trying not to laugh when we looked at each other. The bell rang and Eli and I left the class, hands intertwined.

"Nice hoodie by the way." Eli says and I look up to find him smirking. I look down and realize it's his, my face flushes pink.

"I didn't notice I was too tired." I scoff and Eli laughs.

"You look very pretty in it." He says in a baby voice, swinging our held hands like a little kid, making me laugh.

"Thank you Mr Boo." I say and he laughs at the name. The rest of the day flies by and eventually, the final bell rings. Eli and I make our way down the street and eventually have to part ways. He bends down and gives me a quick kiss before heading off. I smile and wave, he does as well, and I walk. I put in one earbud and played my playlist while walking down the sidewalk to my house. I make it and open my door to a quiet house. I then set my stuff down and take out my earbud, walking to the stairs. I'm stopped when I see my mom in the living room, arms crossed.