Breakfast (Chapter 27)

I open my eyes to a silent room. It was all quiet. Eli's arms were around me and I could hear only his soft breathing. I looked around and saw Tommy and Toby both laying over each other weirdly, sleeping. Tommy had his legs on Eli's legs and his head on Toby's legs while Toby was sleeping in fetal position on the armrest of the couch. It was quite a funny sight. I smile and yawn, managing to get out of Eli's arms without waking him. I stretch and grab some clothes from my suitcase. I quickly change, wash my face, then brush my hair before walking out of the bathroom. All the boys were still sleeping so I decided to make breakfast. I went to the kitchen and saw they had a waffle maker, so I looked around for some waffle mix. There was some in a cabinet and I began making it.

I was about done making the waffles and it had been about 20 minutes when I heard the bathroom door close. I assumed someone had gotten up and I shrugged it off and poured more waffle mix into the waffle maker. I finally finish up when I hear a voice behind me.

"Good morning" I hear, and I scream and turn around. My heart pounds but instantly calms, seeing Eli there.

"You idiot, you scared me." I say, putting a hand on my chest and breathing heavily.

"Who just screamed?" I hear Toby shout.

"Sorry! Eli scared me!" I shout back. I then hear footsteps and Toby walks in.

"Morning you two, what smells so good?" He asks and yawns.

"I made some waffles for everyone. Toby, go fix your hair and wake Tommy up." I say and he huffs.

"Okay mom" he says, walking out of the room. I laugh and make everyone a plate of waffles.

"How'd you sleep?" I hear Eli ask.

"Pretty well, what about you?" I reply, getting out the syrup.

"Good, except I woke up and my leg was asleep because Tommy had his legs on mine." He laughs.

"Oh my- it was so funny how you guys were sleeping when I woke up. I actually got a photo." I snicker and he glares at me.

"Delete it."

"Nope." I say smugly with a grin.

"Just get me some waffles." He groans. I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow at him, not moving. "Please?" He asks kindly. I nod and give him a plate.

"Syrup?" I ask and he nods so I give the bottle to him. Eventually Tommy and Toby join us and eat waffles too. We all just chat while eating, discussing plans for today. We all collectively decided to go around to see things in the city today. Of course, Eli and I would wear our mask and glasses around, but it'd be fine. I was very excited for today.