Serenity (Chapter 31)

3rd person pov

About a week had passed and with every stream, August got more hate. She would want to scroll through social media but would just see posts hating on her, telling her to leave the boys or just straight up kill herself. She had received so many death threats and other horrible things through messages the past week it was getting unbearable. She refrained from telling everyone, purely just because she didn't want anyone worrying about her or her ruining the fun. Despite not saying anything about it and acting like she wasn't bothered, Eli could tell.

He had gained the ability to read August like a book and he could see she was hurt, but who wouldn't be. Although he didn't know about the DMs she got, he knew very well of all the hate posts. He had been doing his absolute best to stay by her side and make sure she was having a great time, and she was. But she would still lie awake at night or make herself throw up if she felt like she ate too much. Tommy and Toby had also been making sure August was all good. Tommy had left a day ago, but he still messaged her the night before to check up on her.

As for Toby, he was making sure she was eating and drinking water. He would make her favorite food often to make sure she would eat it, and she did. He would carry around extra water bottles and would make sure she was drinking water herself, as did Eli. They were all very carrying along with some of the content creators she hadn't met yet who would check up on her or call her often. Specifically Niki, Fundy, Wilbur, George, and Dream. She had grown close to them so they cared for her very much and wanted to make sure she was doing okay.

Today was just another day staying at home. August was sitting on the couch, watching Netflix so she wouldn't wander off onto Twitter or something. She was comfortable and stayed there for a while until Eli walked into the room.

"Toby and I are going to stream if you want to join us?" He looked at her with his sympathetic eyes.

"I don't think I will today.. I was thinking of walking around a bit so you and Toby will be good to stream." She smiled at him. "I'll get ready now and leave before you two start streaming."

"Okay, just be careful while you're out. We'll be streaming for an hour or two." He smiles. August stands up and Eli walks up to her, quickly leaning down and kissing her. The two pull away and look at each other.

"What was that for.. Not that I'm complaining." August laughs and Eli does his crinkly eyed smile, making butterflies swarm in her stomach.

"Just because I can." He smiles, kissing her again quickly before walking away. She just silently laughs and grabs the first hoodie she finds on the floor, slipping on her shoes, grabbing her phone and earbuds, and heading out. She yelled bye to the boys before walking out of the door, being instantly greeted with a cold blast of air on her face. The hoodie and jeans she was wearing kept her warm but she wasn't wearing a mask so she wouldn't get recognized. She pulled out her earbuds and phone from the pocket, now realizing this wasn't her hoodie. It was Eli's hoodie, the first one he gave to her actually. She smiled to herself before putting in her earbuds and clicking on her playlist, playing it and walking. She didn't know where to go so she just walked to the nearest city area.

It took around 10 minutes but she made it to a city area where there were a bunch of stores, restaurants, and a big park. The cold wind blew, making her shiver as she walked towards a little shop she liked going into. It was a little shop with a lot of crochet stuff, sweaters, and nice jewelry. She didn't bring her wallet but she still wanted to walk around, and go into someplace warm. She opened the door to the shop with a ding! and was pleasantly greeted with warmth. She smiled to herself as '505' by Arctic Monkeys began to play from her phone. She walked around, admiring the jewelry first but then moving onto looking through the sweaters.

"But I crumble completely when you cry

It seems like once again you've had to greet me with 'goodbye'"

The song played and the girl smiled. It was one of her favorite songs and it always seemed to put her mind at ease. In this moment, August had forgotten about all the hate and threats and was just calm, at peace, enjoying life in the moment. Times like these make life worth living. She loves spending time with everyone, but when she's alone, it gives her time to think about nothing except herself. She exited the store, the song ending, and she started her way to the park. The sun was slightly starting to set because she left later and she'd been out for maybe 40 minutes. The next song came on, 'Meteor Shower' by Cavetown. She nodded her head to the rhythm of the music and continued her way to a bench. She made it to one and sat down, with a clear view of the sun setting. She sat comfortable, watching the contrast of pink clouds and orange sky slowly change.