Planes (Chapter 23)

It was finally time; Eli and I were about to board our plane. My sister had wished us off an hour before when we made it to the airport. Now we've been waiting in the seats near our gate, my head on Eli's shoulder while he's scrolling through socials. I was tired but I also wanted to sleep through the plane ride, so I kept my eyes open. Now I like planes but it's a 11-hour flight and I need to sleep. After waiting in silence our gate is finally called and I let out a sigh of relief as Eli and I both grab our luggage and head over. We wait in a fast-moving line until our turn. We make it on, and my anxiety fills me as it all sets in. I was going to the UK for 4 months to see my friends.

"I know you're probably anxious but don't overthink anything, it's all gonna be okay." Eli reassures me.

"How do you always know what I'm thinking?" I sigh.

"I'm your boyfriend, it's kinda my job." He shrugs. I laugh quietly, not having the energy to laugh a lot. We make it to our seats finally and I sit window seat, Eli sitting middle. We were lucky enough to not have anyone else in our aile. I let out a nervous sigh and fiddled with my fingers. Eli notices and grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers. My heart instantly melts, and I make a cry/laugh sound.

"I'm such a simp for you. I love you so much." I say and lean my head on him.

"Aw thank you my simp I appreciate it, I love you too." He teases and I just shut my eyes and Eli laughs. I close my eyes and drift to sleep, Eli's head now on mine. Although I was so excited and anxious to see everyone, I was tired.