Eighteen.

excuse any mistakes♥

You don't look at me the way you should and I know
You got other dudes, so tell me where do I go?
Tell me how they feel when they see you in my clothes?
You makin' it hard for me, I won't lie
But just 'cause you got options, don't mean I won't try
I sit in the mirror and let time pass by
'Cause you get shallow, I...
Spend way too much time with you on my mind

Atlanta, Georgia📍California Monroe

"California Monroe, here for Dr. Walters" Tae told the receptionist and I watched as she scanned her computer, clicking her mouse occasionally.

"Got you all checked in. Go ahead and have a seat and she'll be out to get you in a few." She instructed with a bright smile. Tae nodded at her smiling back, and I just turned around to find my seat. 

"Girl loosen up" Tae said to me, looking me upside the head.

"I can't help ittt. Tae I am so nervous right now" I replied, picking at my nails. Something I always did when I was nervous. 

"About?"

"If my baby is healthy I guess...Dr. Jackie already gonna be mad at me I waited this long to come see her" I complained.

"Ooooh yeah you know my auntie don't play, finna eat you right on up" Tae agreed with a nod. I gave him a 'really' look and he just shrugged before leaning back in his seat.

I pulled out my phone and answered a few emails before scrolling through Instagram. I saw Vinchi's story of him and Meech driving and sadness washed over me. I honestly don't know if I would ever get over Demetrius fully, and the baby definitely just adds to that feeling. The vision for my life was to be happily married and established before I had a child. Now I'm alone and hiding my child from their father, who despite his flaws, I know would be the best dad he could possibly be to our child. 

"California?" I heard a voice say and I looked up to Dr. Jackie looking at me with a look of disapproval. I just looked down and stood up to follow Tae to the door to the back of the office. 

"Hey TT Jackie" Tae said after we reached Dr. Jackie, before pulling her into a close embrace.

"Hey baby" She greeted, rocking Tae back and forth in their hug before pulling back to look at me with her eyebrow raised. 

"Why didn't you come to me as soon as you knew? Diontae told me you've known for awhile and have been traveling and some more" She lectured me with one hand on her hip, one hand holding open the door. 

I snapped my head to Tae who looked off before responding "I knowwww" I whined quietly, "I was scared and confused, but I was good. No drinking, no hookah, none of that since the day I found out" I confirmed and she raised one corner of her mouth in a smile before giving me an 'mhmmm' and gesturing us to follow her through the door.