31. Waves

"Her happiness floated like waves of the ocean along the coast of her life."―Santosh Kalwar

"About that!" William said sceptically.

"What do you mean about that? About what?" Hannah was the one to ask William.

 "Do not tell me you eloped with Kathalina and didn't marry her," She continued her tone angry.

"Will," Kathalina said looking with wide eyes, "We said our vows. We had our witnesses. We are married."

She couldn't believe William was about to bust their secret. She hoped William understood what she was trying to convey to him and that was to keep his mouth shut.

"Kate," William said smoothly, "I am only worried about your father finding out. If we tell the truth here we will be protected from unwanted problems."

William looked at Kathalina, both of them speaking to each other through their eyes.

"The suspense is killing me," Sebastian chimed in making the newlywed break out of their eye match. He got smacked on the head by his father for doing so.

"Do not fret, we will support you through anything," Oliver said smiling widely at Kathalina and patting William's back.

"Unless you haven't married yet," Hannah said her eyes narrowed.

"So..," Sebastian said impatiently. Everyone waited with bated breath to hear what William had to say.

"One of the witnesses was underage," William said carefully. The emotions displayed on everyone's faces varied from wonder to worry.

"How much underage?" His father asked.

"Well," William hesitated, "He was seven years old who could write his name."

Nobody knows why the concerning matter was awfully hilarious to Sebastian as he burst out laughing. The twins mimicked him and the entire atmosphere turned to chuckles and smiles.

"If someone finds out it will make your marriage invalid," His father blurted out for which he got smacked in the head by his mother.

Even though it was spoken in jest, it was the truth. They can't afford to lose any time. The extravagant wedding will take longer to plan. For Kathalina, being with William was more important than the extravagant wedding.

"How about we have a wedding in three days?" Kathalina proposed looking through her audience, "It doesn't have to be as glamorous a wedding as we would like. It could be a simple affair with family and friends, a quiet little ceremony in the church. And when everything has settled down a glamorous reception."

"Why darling?" Lady Kentshire said worried, "Everyone should get a lavish wedding. And believe in my abilities I can make arrangements for extravagant affair within a couple of days."

"I believe in you, my lady," Kathalina said sadly smiling at Lady Kentshire, "But the extravagant affair will be without my parents. Once they accept us, I promise we will plan for a glamorous reception for months and throw a celebration London has never seen before."

Everyone stayed silent. She was right. Everyone knew her parents will not go so easy.

"It is your special day. We will do it as per your wish," Mother Kentshire said placing her hands on Kathalina's and squeezing it, her way of assuring the young bride.

"And it is not my lady to you anymore, it is mother and father," She continued. Father Kentshire nodded from behind.

"And can we call you Kate or Katie, Kathalina is too long to call, if you are alright with it?" Sebastian asked brazenly.