Jeyna Reunion

His heart was thundering in his ears, memories were swimming back to shore as he took in the sight of Rome-his home. It felt so right yet wrong. The Greeks were great but he was Roman, defeater of Koios, former praetor of Rome.

'Hey, do you think they'll kill us?' Piper asked, it was a bit awkward between them at the moment-especially since he declined the date.

'No,' because someone was waiting for him like Annabeth was for Percy and he knew it even if his memories weren't telling him so, 'We can only hope but I doubt they'll attack without hearing an explanation.'

Piper nodded before walking out the room, leaving him with his own thoughts before they entered Rome's land. Just please, let me have one soild memory of this....person, he prayed to Juno as the ship landed.

"This isn't a Arpil Fools prank...." Reyna kept telling herself as she marched to where the giant warship had landed in their traitory.

'We can't just let the greaces in,' Octavian protested,

'We are not letting them in, we will hear them first then decide.' Reyna told him, head high, reminding him who was the leader. Octavian was forced to shut up as Percy joined her, along with Hazel and Frank at his heels.

'Gosh, it's been like....months....' Percy murmured as he glared up at the ship. 8 months, 2 weeks and 5 hours. Well, who was counting? Her sharp eyes caught a honey blond hair and signed to only realised how dumb she was. She heard Percy suck in a breath as he watched his girlfriend (if he decribed her right) decent down the ladder.

It took 6 dam seconds for Percy to keep his mind straight until he broke into a run and his girlfriend and him have a very physical reunion. A few other demigods made their way down the ladder but no Jason, her heart ached, losing hope.

'Hey it's okay, just wait.' Dakota whispered into her ear from behind, she didn't flinch or jump at the surprise.

'I'm not-' A figure-literally- flew down the ship, instead of crashing, landing softly on his feet. Sky-blue eyes stared into hers, not the ones that haunted her in her nightmares-these were real, alive.

Gods, he missed those eyes. Dark like obsidian, sharp like a eagles. He felt alive, just staring at them but something was holding him back-like a hand, pulling him away from his destination. Soon he was swallowed in his own memories.

-flashback-

'Reyna! Stop!-give me back my jellybean! Come on, Rey!' A tiny version of himself laughed as he chased a girl with long wavy hair flaming behind her.

'Never! You stole my spear!' She snapped back but her eyes were full of light and joy.

'It was only once! It's my jellybean-' He tripped on a rock, bumping into the "Rey" before rolling down the hill. They laid on the grass, laughing their lungs out. Both a smile dancing on their faces. They both had fallen hard that day.

-End of flashback-

When he snapped back into reality, a smile cracked onto his dried lips.

'Hey, Rey. Where's my jellybean?' He asked, for once he didn't care if he was a leader or not.

'Maybe it had fallen down the hill,' Reyna said once she got what he meant. Her lips twitched at the end for a second, giving Jason the confidence he needed.

'Really? Not you?' He knew he was pushing it but if his memories weren't giving him the answer, maybe this person in front of him will.

'Dam it, Jason!' A full smile plastered against her face, speeding Jason's out-of-control-already heart rate. Despite holding a deadly dagger in her hand, she flung her arms around his neck, digging her face into his neck, long waited tears soaking his t-shirt. 

The smell of fresh pine cones welcomed him, his t-shirt was soaked in seconds, but he couldn't get himself to care. He rested his head on the crook of Reyna's neck, just allowing himself to relax-his thundering heart telling him otherwise. His arms tightened and he knew, he wasn't letting go anytime soon.