Aliana June

June did not hate Alex. She rather disliked him. Yes, that was the word, dislike. If he made mum very happy, who's to hate? But the problem was, she didn't know.

Her siblings said they didn't mind Alex but there was only 0.00001 percent of someone making their mum happy as her biological father had. June couldn't really believe it though. 

Reyna Ramirez Arellano-Grace ex-praetor of New Rome, daughter of Bellona, level-headed sister of Hylla-queen of the Amazons-has ever laughed like the photographs that have been left in the hands of Aliana June.

The photo that stood out most was of her parents eating ice cream at the beach. Her father must have said something funny since her mum had her head thrown back, long curls falling in a perfect line, and the poor ice cream was long forgotten.

June's father was wearing a denim jacket, nearly succeeding in fooling her that he did not have a broken arm. But the sling was still slightly visible. His blond hair had been flicked back by the wind, giving him a surfer look, despite being a son of Jupiter. He had sharp eyes that reflected her perfectly but his eyes held something hers didn't, something she couldn't describe, observing the woman standing next to him, whom she could not recognize, was her mother.