07

When I wake up in the morning, I struggle to get my hairbrush through my hair. For some reason, I'm excited to go out with Ezra, and I don't even know him that way. I don't know the basic facts, like what his last name is or how old he is. But that's irrelevant. I go through my closet and find some light turquoise leggings, a cute tank top and a white zip-up sweatshirt. I throw it all on before hearing my phone ding.

Mr.Spaghetti🍝: there's gonna be water so u can bring ur swimsuit if u want
me: okay, thanks.

I take all of my clothes off, slip a black triangle bikini on and slide back into my clothes, instantly warmer with the sweatshirt. It's mid-October so it's starting to get a bit chilly outside.

Mr.Spaghetti🍝: I'm leaving rn
me: kk i'm ready.

I am not ready.

I manage to get my hair smooth and make a simple braid out of it. I don't bother with makeup because I'll end up looking like a panda. I've tried a bunch of times to do makeup, but the product always finds a way to get all over my face and I don't have the patience for it. I make a small bag with water and some snacks, making sure they don't have any lemons or nuts in them in case Ezra wants any, and throw the backpack over my shoulder when the bell rings.

My curtain bangs fall onto my face as I run to the door. I swing it open and I see Ezra looking down at his phone. I almost drool. I forgot how good looking he was.

He glances up and smiles a bit when he sees me staring. He's wearing a gray shirt that match his eyes and black swim trunks.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod quickly, shutting the lights off, shutting the front door and locking it. I stuff my keys in my sweatshirt pocket because I can't be bothered to take the backpack off. I'll put them in when we're in the car.

"I'd say 'race you' but knowing myself I'll be going down the steps with my face in a matter of seconds." I say, hopping down the steps next to Ezra. He laughs.

"What's a nickname for Ezra?" I ask. "Like, I can't call you Mr.Spaghetti, it's too long." I say, partly thinking out loud. I could pretend like his name is something else just to have an easy nickname.

"Your name is Fitzgerald from now on." I announce. Yes, announce.

"Scusa?" He asks.

"Yes, Fitzgerald." I laugh. We reach the bottom floor and he walks a bit slower so I keep up with him easier.

"Sounds good, as long as I get to call you Gertrude." He says with a shrug.

"On that note, I take back my previous statement." I say.

He laughs and opens the passenger door to his Range Rover.

"What a gentleman." I tease, stepping in.
He gets in on his side and we're off.

"I'll call you Ez. Or maybe Ray." I say.

"Not Ray." He says quickly, I see something flash beneath his eyes but I don't pry.

"Okay..." I mutter. "Ez." I say, seeing how it feels.

"I like it." He says, a small smile on his lips. I help myself to the radio station, flipping through the stations until Justin Timberlake comes on.

"So you grab your girls and you grab a couple more..." I sing along.

"And you all come and meet me at the middle of the floor," he joins in on singing.

"Said the air, is thick, it's smelling right. So you pass to the left and you sail to the right." I erupt laughing and Ezra does too.

"This song was huge." He says.